Chapter 7

Jennie: Are you okay?!?

Jennie: Where did you go? I'm worried!

Jennie: One of the bodyguards told me you left! I hope you're still at the villa! Please be safe

Jennie: You're not here... where are you Lisa? I'm really worried. Please call me!

Jennie: Jisoo told me you're home. I'm glad you're safe! But can you please answer my calls?

It was Monday which meant Lisa was back at work, more miserable than she usually was. Especially when she kept finding herself scrolling through all the messages Jennie consistently sent since the other night till now on her break. Her thumb hovered over her screen.

She wanted to respond but Jennie's friends' voices echoed in her mind. Did she believe she was Jennie's play thing? No. She may barely know Jennie but during the weekend, she could see how genuinely kind she was. But, did she believe they could live in the same world? No.

Jennie was like light. Lisa? She was meant to always stay in the dark. That's her world and she was okay with it. So then why was it so hard to ignore her? And why was Jennie even trying?

Giving up, Lisa hastily shut off her phone and slid in her pocket before dropping her cigarette and putting it out. She rolled her neck side to side and took in a deep breath, mentally preparing herself to go back to work. And as she entered through the doors, she was met with the glare of the manager. Lisa sighed,

"What? I was on my break." The manager rolled her eyes and handed Lisa the black bin with the cleaning supplies,

"Go clean table number 7." The annoying woman demanded, her eyes judging in a way that never bothered Lisa. Lisa silently nodded and began to make her way to the dining area but was stopped once again, "Can you stop inviting your friends here. This is a place to work and not fuck around," she angrily spat before walking away, leaving Lisa confused. Friend?

Thinking it was Jisoo, Lisa shrugged and walked through the doors only to freeze in her spot.

"Jennie?" She whispered to herself, nearly dropping the bin.

Jennie sat by the window, her leg over the other with her chin on her palm, staring out the window. She wore a light blue suit with a simple white shirt underneath. A human chanel. Her hair wasn't as curled as it usually was yet still looked as elegant. Just as elegant as her gentle face looked. And when her eyes found Lisa, a soft smile broke out and Lisa felt her knees nearly buckle.

She cleared her throat, placed the bin on table seven with her face feeling warm from Jennie's stares. And when she finally made her way to Jennie she forced a smile. She hated how her heart was acting just by being this close to the woman. It didn't help that she looked even more beautiful up close.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" Lisa asked. Jennie shrugged, pacing a few strands of hair behind her ear, exposing diamond chanel earrings that should've stood out to Lisa but what really stood out was how red her ear was. Someone who always looked confident didn't seem to be at that very moment.

"Well, since you weren't answering my texts or calls I figured I'd just see you for myself." She looked upset but her eyes expressed relief to be seeing Lisa safe and sound and Lisa felt guilt rise in her chest. Lisa looked down at her dirty sneakers,

"I'm sorry. I just," Lisa hesitated, shifting in her stance. How could she tell this beautiful woman that she absolutely despised her friends with everything she had.

They were silent for a moment until she heard Jennie sigh. Her sight was still down and when she noticed Jennie's hand reaching for her wrist, she fought very hard to not blush when the girl touched her wrist in such a soft manner.