Chapter 12

The first week as a manager, Lisa had never felt so happy. Instead of leaving with a stained, dirty white t-shirt and jeans, something the manager insisted for her to wear, she now left in clean business casual outfits. That day itself, she wore a tight, light blue button up that was tucked into her white slacks. She even decided on wearing black heels. Her hair was also neatly tied up unlike before.

At first, she thought managing the place would be difficult, but as she did she found it incredibly fun and easy. Especially when everyone there showed her respect, something she had yet to be used to.

"Alright, the day is over. Thank you all for working hard today. See you all next week," Lisa said, opening the door and holding it for all her co-workers. They smiled at her and thanked her for being so efficient and all she could do was smile shyly. Again, she wasn't used to such kindness.

And once the restaurant was empty, she turned off the light and walked out to lock the door behind her. While she was locking the door she glanced up at her reflection and smiled. She genuinely looked happy. And as she pulled the gate to cover the windows and doors, she noticed a car pulling up behind her. She recognized that car.

Lisa looked over her shoulder and chuckled seeing Jennie waving happily in the car. She waved back before locking the gate. She took a step back and smiled contently at the building before turning around and walking to the car.

She opened the door, the scent of sweet Chanel inviting her inside.

"Hey! How was your day?" Jennie asked as Lisa slid in and closed the door. She sighed a good sigh, like she was in a beautiful dream she didn't want to wake up from,

"It was amazing." She rested the back of her head against the headrest and turned to look at Jennie with a happy smile, "Have I thanked you today?" Jennie playfully groaned and started to drive,

"Oh God, please stop with the thank yous. You literally thank me every hour," she teased. Lisa laughed and closed her eyes,

"I can't help it. You literally helped me so much."

Jennie was quiet for a moment. But then she spoke so softly that Lisa's heart fluttered.

"I only did what was right. The previous manager was terrible and you are a good fit for the job. I've observed how you worked for a month and you secretly managed the place better than that little shit."

Lisa laughed, a blush coating her cheeks. But then Jennie continued, a little hesitantly,

"And I'm going to be honest, when Jisoo and I arrived, my intentions were to go and see the manager myself because there were rumors about her that I needed to see for myself."

Lisa opened her eyes in surprise and turned to look at Jennie. Her expression was neutral as she stared forward.

"I was supposed to go and then have dinner with Taehyung. Then Jisoo said she had a friend there so she wanted to come with." The car stopped at a red light, "And Thank God she did because," she paused and met Lisa's eyes, "I wouldn't have met you."

She took one of hands off the steering and placed it over Lisa's hand, "I never met anyone like you, Lis."

Lisa smiled softly, flipping her hand over to hold Jennie's, her thumb caressing her skin and she nearly melted when Jennie sighed deeply from her touch.

The light turned green.

"Besides our cousins," Jennie started, "And don't think okay?" Lisa laughed quietly and nodded,

"Okay."

"Name me your five best friends."

And Lisa didn't respond. She couldn't because she didn't have many friends. And Jennie squeezed her hand,