Chapter 3

Jennie: Here's my address! Hope to see you soon and don't forget to bring a bathing suit

Lisa didn't know how long she had been staring at the message because all she could feel was dread. She had been laying on her bed for hours, trying to come up with any excuse to not go to Jennie's pool party. Especially knowing she wouldn't really know anybody there. Well, besides Jennie. But even she didn't know who Jennie really was.

Well, from what Jisoo had told her last night before they left the house, Jennie wasn't just rich, she was extremely rich. Her family were more than just millionaires. And that is what made her feel even more hesitation to go. She was not even close to Jennie's level, she wasn't ever going to be as lavish as her.

She turned her head to look at her open closet and cringed with how bland and unbranded her clothes were. What could she possibly wear to a rich person's house?

Yes, Lisa was never bothered by the belittled stares of the rich, but there was something about Jennie... she didn't want to embarrass her.

Her phone suddenly vibrated in her hand and as Lisa lifted it to her face again she exhaled deeply.

Jennie: You are coming... right? :(

And before Lisa could comprehend, her thumbs began to tap away on the screen.

Lisa: Yes :)

Jennie: yay!!

Lisa just met the girl yesterday and already she is finding it hard to say no to her.

"Woah..."

Lisa had expectations, but Jennie's house was far from it. She believed the exterior was... well– superior.

From the stoned pathway which led to a roundabout that had a beautiful, giant fountain in the middle. It was extraordinary and Lisa fought very hard not to cringe in embarrassment as a personal valet drove her beat up Jeep (duct tape pretty much held it all together) away in a lavish area. The mansion must have been at least fourteen thousand square feet with a manicured garden and lawn.

So, yes, the outside was incredible. That is until she stepped inside. The home's decor certainly looked fit for royalty. It had high ceilings, chandeliers and draperies. And as she was being led to the backyard by one of Jennie's bodyguards (Yes, she had bodyguards. Millionaires need to be protected)  she noticed walls of windows that offered panoramic views of the surrounding hills leaving Lisa in awe.

Basically, Jennie's grand mansion's intricate architecture, elegant and ornate furnishings exuded an air of sophistication. It was the definition of Jennie herself.

Lisa smiled politely to the bodyguard as he opened the double doors that led her to the backyard. She was welcomed by the beautiful view of the mountains and the sound of music just below. Apparently the backyard itself was a story down so as she stood by the top of the light brown stoned steps, she noticed a few people by the pool.

There were three girls swimming– well, more like either sitting on the edge or on the staircase in their high branded bathing suits. Beside the pool seemed to be a drinking bar where there stood a man with tattoos making himself a drink. And on the other end of the pool were lounge chairs and tanning chairs. One was occupied with a man on his computer and the woman tanning in a luxury brand bathing suit had just turned around to look at where Lisa stood, as if she knew she would be there.

Lisa took in a deep breath, padded off whatever dirt she hoped she didn't have off her pants before gripping the strap of her backpack tighter. She was nervous with how she looked. From wearing baggy high waisted jeans and bright green crop top, she thought she had dressed somewhat decent until she noticed everyone else's outfit.