Chapter 19

Jennie's father. Lisa was now in the same room with the man that created a barrier between Jennie and her freedom. And all Lisa wanted to do was throw her hot cup of coffee at his face, take Jennie's hand and run. But, of course, she could only dream.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked, her voice shaking. She was shocked to see him and from Jisoo's expression, so was she. Seemed like the man rarely ever visited and if he did, he did not seem to be well liked.

Her father stood tall and proud. He commanded attention and respect. His dark, raven hair was slicked back and his eyes were cold as ice as he glanced slowly at everyone in the room. A curious glint in them before facing his daughter and clearing his throat. Lisa nearly scoffed. He did not have the decency to say hi to anyone he didn't know.

"Jisoo, always a pleasure," he greeted his niece who held his stare. Jisoo never backed down, something Lisa envied. She had a strong will, something Jennie's dad didn't like too much. It was obvious from his tight smile. Jisoo nodded her head,

"Uncle." Even her voice sounded strong. Jennie's dad cleared his throat and looked back at his daughter.

"I have good news." His voice was deep and smooth. It caused a shiver to go down Lisa's spine as she silently watched Jennie's smile slowly fade as if she knew what he was about to announce. Her hand that held her cup tightened, along with her jaw.

"Oh?" Jennie's voice broke, "What is it?" Lisa wanted to walk over to her side and hold her. Jennie looked so fragile under her father's gaze. He smiled. It was a smile that could haunt any dreams. It was menacing.

"Your wedding will be held next week."

Lisa nearly fell to the well polished tiled floors. Lisa blinked again and again and all she could hear was this loud, obnoxious ringing sound in her head, muffling whatever words were coming out of the devil's lips. She felt a touch on her arm and knew it was Rosé. How she suddenly made her way inside her, she would never know. Her mind went blank. Reality had sunk in.

Jennie was getting married next week. Not next month. Next week.

"O-oh. So s-soon?" Jennie stammered, her trembling hand placing the mug down on the counter. She looked pale as a ghost. Jisoo cleared her throat.

"Uncle, aren't you being a bit too hasty?"

"On the contrary, I believe there is no reason to wait any longer." He responded, his smile tightening but his eyes showed no ounce of kindness towards his niece.

"I can think of many reasons," Jisoo responded, her arms crossing.

Jennie's father scowled at Jisoo.

"My decisions for my daughter do not concern you."

The hand that gripped Lisa's arm tightened. Rosé did not appreciate his tone and Lisa wouldn't have either but her focus was on Jennie and how all the color from her delicate beauty was gone. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly opened.

"It does concern me if it will cause my cousin an intense amount of stress. I mean, she's not prepared! What about rehearsal? She doesn't even have a dress!" Jisoo fought back. She seemed to be the only one that did not fear the man in the room. Lisa couldn't even recall if Jisoo feared anybody.

"Jisoo, i-it's okay." Jennie interrupted weakly. Jisoo shot her stunned eyes towards Jennie who looked a bit more composed than before. But Lisa could see behind Jennie's mask.

Jisoo frowned, "Is it?"

Jennie's father smiled, "Yes Jennie. Is it okay? Are you well prepared to be wedded next week?" Then there was silence. Jennie was looking around the room, meeting everyone's desperate gaze but her eyes landed on Lisa, she began to blink rapidly as if to hold in her tears. Because the look Lisa was giving her was defeat. Instantly, Jennie forced a smile to her father,