Chapter 5

The aroma of coffee should have been the first thing Lisa noticed entering the kitchen. But really, it was Jennie pouring herself a cup of coffee just behind her gorgeous marbled island table that had another chandelier hanging above her. Beside her was a window wall, showing another side of her house. It looked to be a garden.

It was a sight to see.

"Morning," Lisa shyly greeted, walking in and tying her robe closed. Jennie lifted her gaze up to meet Lisa's and she suddenly smiled happily. How does one look so bright in the morning?

Her curls were neatly up in a ponytail, no baby hair in sight. She had light makeup that made her look even more gentler than before with another pair of hanging earrings that screamed GOLD.

"Good morning," Jennie greeted in return, waltzing around the island to stand in front of Lisa. "Here." She handed Lisa a cup of coffee before going back to her original spot. "Did you sleep well?" She asked, a sweet smile on her precious face.

Lisa cleared her throat and pulled the chair from the island and sat herself down awkwardly. She felt out of place but pushed the feeling aside because Jennie just looked absolutely euphoric with her summer dress.

"I did." She stirred her coffee slowly, "I wanted to thank you for last night," Lisa quietly said, trying not to regret bringing it up. Jennie had stiffened and slowly brought the coffee pot down. She was no longer smiling.

"You don't have to thank me," Jennie responded just as quietly before meeting Lisa's eyes again with a sad smile, "If anything, I'm the one who is sorry. I invited you and you should've felt safe here."

Lisa felt another flutter in her throat.

"Don't be sorry. If you weren't there, I probably would've sucker punched him," Lisa teased. Jennie smiled slightly, looking down at her own cup of coffee,

"I know you would have." She looked back into Lisa's eyes and Lisa could've sworn she floated from the warm, soft look Jennie was sending her. To ease the feeling, she started drinking her coffee, looking away from such alluring eyes.

"I kicked him out of the house last night after he sobered up." Jennie added, "Couldn't risk him being drunk leaving my house only to hurt anyone else." Lisa smiled at that. Jennie was becoming the nicest woman she had ever met. She met Jennie's regretful gaze again,

"I know. I heard."

Jennie smiled, "Good." Before she lifted her mug and brought it to her lips, staring at Lisa through her eyelashes and Lisa nearly choked on her coffee. Lisa cleared her throat again,

"So, where is everybody?" She asked, not really caring to be stared at like she was a pest. Jennie placed her mug down,

"Sleeping. Probably all hung over," she said with an eye roll. Lisa was starting to believe Jennie didn't like her friends too much. "My fiancé is in his office. Conference call I suppose," she said, not seeming to care at all.

Lisa nodded and continued to drink her coffee with Jennie quietly, but peacefully. Ever since last night, she felt safe around Jennie.

"I should probably start heading out," Lisa said, finishing her coffee and standing up ready to grab it and place it in the sink till a servant casually waltzed by, grabbed her mug and practically vanished. Lisa would never get used to that kind of life. "Was she standing by the whole time?"

Jennie just laughed and shook her head, "They can be very very silent."

Lisa chuckled, ready to turn around—

"Wait."

Lisa looked over her shoulder, "What's up?" Jennie looked nervous, fiddling with her mug in front of her,