Chapter 17

Lisa followed Jennie to the living room, eyeing the girl curiously.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lisa carefully asked, watching as the brunette continued to avoid eye contact when Lisa walked right next to her.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jennie asked, quietly huffing under her breath. Lisa frowned,

"Because you didn't say Hi to me."

Jennie stopped walking along with Lisa suddenly. It had been a little less than a week since they had last seen each other. They spoke on the phone like always but Jennie never visited and Lisa just couldn't.

What would happen if they were alone? The urge to push her against the wall, to feel the length of her body pressed onto her own, to hear the soft sound of her exhale as Lisa would trace her lips down her neck— Lisa did not have the strength to be alone with her.

Finally, Jennie met her eyes and what Lisa saw was so much more than regret. There was longing, there was pain and there was a void of sadness in her. And Lisa knew why.

"I'm sorry," she reached and her fingers ghosted Lisa's knuckles, before smiling softly, stepping closer and Lisa nearly shivered from the warmth and sweet scent of Chanel. "Hi, Lis." She said, taking her hand gently.

Lisa smiled, a blush coating her cheeks as she squeezed Jennie's hand. How she missed her touch.

"I missed you."

Jennie's smile widened and the look in her eyes grew soft, yet the longing remained.

"Miss Kim, there is someone on the phone for you."

Swiftly, Jennie removed her hand from Lisa's and Lisa was amazed at how cold her hand suddenly felt. Jennie sighed and smiled a smile that lacked content towards the maid before nodding and walking away, not sparing a glance at Lisa. Lisa could only watch her walk away and feel the emptiness growing in her chest.

"Lisa!"

Lisa turned around, meeting Sana's sweet smile. She patted the empty spot on the couch next to her, "Come sit."

Lisa smiled kindly and nodded, pushing away the nagging ache before making her way towards the living room. She could feel the eyes of the rich burning her, but as she looked at Sana she felt relaxed. Sana didn't show an ounce of judgment, just sincere curiosity of who she was.

"Lisa. Your makeup." Lisa chuckled under her breath and glanced at Irene.

"Still not good?" Lisa asked. Irene stared quietly before nodding in approval.

"Well done." She said before fishing out her phone and texting away. Lisa laughed quietly with Sana,

"She's the only one I can tolerate," Lisa said. Sana chuckled,

"How long have you known them?" She motioned towards the trio on the couch across from them. Lisa hummed, leaning back and crossing her arms,

"A little over two months now I think."

Sana nodded, "I've known Jihyo for years and she now decided to introduce me to Jennie but I don't think she likes me very much," she giggled quietly to herself, awkwardly scratching her head, "And I'm not sure why."

"Jennie? That girl loves everybody," Jisoo suddenly spoke up, walking in beside Rosé who looked incredibly amazed by the house. Jisoo sat on the arm rest on the couch, "What gave you that impression?" She asked with Rosé sitting on the empty spot between her and Lisa.

Sana shrugged, "Well I—."

"Oh."

They all glanced up to where Jennie stood, her eyes going back and forth between Lisa and Sana. Her sight lingered a little longer on Sana and the look wasn't so sweet.