🥀

Yunho clenched his chest, feeling tightness. Tears had started flowing, a few drops that seemed like a torrent, tracing elongated paths down both of his cheeks.

"Yunho..."

"I can't, Mingi. You know how much I've longed to have children? But now, I... I..."

Mingi pulled Yunho into his embrace. Yunho let out his tears on Mingi's broad shoulder. The husband gently caressed Yunho's head, kissing his temples. Mingi had tried countless times to console Yunho since their last visit to the hospital, and none of those attempts succeeded. Yunho's mind was too clouded, fixated on one thing. Something dreadful that pressed him down. Something that seemed to have shattered all his beautiful visions. His dreams. His world. A world that crumbled on his shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Mingi. I'm so stupid. So, so stupid. Just doing things without knowledge, never bothering to find out the risks and consequences. This is all my fault."

"Hey, love. You don't need to apologize. And don't blame yourself like that. It's just your lack of knowledge. You haven't done anything wrong."

"Mingi, if I can't give you children, you won't leave me, will you?"

Mingi didn't know how to express his feelings when Yunho said that. He released his embrace, holding Yunho's sturdy yet now seemingly frail shoulders.

"Yunho, look at me."

Yunho slowly raised his face, looking into Mingi's eyes with his own round eyes glazed with shattered glass. Creating crimson cracks within his wounded, clear gaze.

"First, the doctor didn't say you're infertile. She only mentioned something like, it would be difficult for you to restore your reproductive functions. So, we still have a tiny chance. Second, even if... you really can't, I will never leave you. Remember, when we made our sacred vows, we promised to be together in joy and sorrow? I will always be here with you. Whatever your condition. Whatever happens. We'll face it together. And... oh, by the way! We can still adopt children."

Mingi never gave up reassuring Yunho. Yunho, who looked broken, hurting Mingi's feelings. He couldn't bear to see Yunho in pain like this.

"Yunho."

Yunho looked at Mingi again, listening to what his husband had to say.

"Let's keep trying to make Junghwan."