Ten - Lost in the Fire

*'I wanna fuck you slow with the lights on'*

Abel

Lamar finally pulls up the S.U.V outside the club and luckily, there's no paparazzi in sight. But still not wanting to risk it, we quickly exit the car and rush into the club, making our way into the V.I.P section. We get a table and don't wait to get the night started.

"Woo, let's get this party started!" Hawk downs a shot and doesn't waste time to get another. I sip on my glass of whiskey and tap my foot on the floor to the beat of the music. Cash quickly excuses himself to answer a call and I lean my head back against the sofa, feeling the high of the weed I'm smoking slowly take effect over me.

I've kind of need a night off since, except from today, I've been in the studio, recording my last collaboration piece as 'The Weeknd'. Diddy flew into London to help with producing and recording the song and so far, everything has been going great. Soon, he's gonna release his album and the song will be out. I know my fans were really bummed out when I announced that this would be my last collaboration, but I honestly can't wait to finally transition to just myself, as Abel Tesfaye. I still have no clue if I'm gonna continue with the same genre of music or change it up a bit. I lift my glass up to my lips to find no liquid whatsoever remaining. I nudge Lamar and he leans closer to hear me.

"Yo, I'ma go get another drink, be right back,"

"Alright bro,"

I get up and whilst I'm walking past the dance floor, I catch a glimpse of what seems to look like Luara's best friend Makayla, dancing on the floor with two other girls. I shrug it off and continue my way towards the bar, taking a seat on a stool in front of the counter. I flag the bartender down before asking for a refill and I look around the club, seeing the crowd of people dancing, people smoking, and a few couples making out.

As I'm turning back to look towards the row of drinks in front of me, something catches my eye. I swift my head back around to look at what I just glanced at, making sure I'm definitely looking at the right thing.

Luara is talking to a guy who's towering over her and to what it looks like, he's got a hold of her arm. I down my drink before I get up to walk towards her. I don't care if she's in trouble or not because from where I'm standing, it definitely looks like something's going on. As I get closer, I can slightly hear their conversation and I decide to listen in a bit before I jump to any conclusions.

"Why does it matter if I'm dating or not? You cheated on me Damon and you didn't give a fuck, until you heard a few rumours? Fuck you." She rips her arm away from his hold and starts walking towards where I'm standing when he suddenly reaches out and yanks her back by her hair, and he leans forward, kissing her. That's when I lost it.

I come out from where I'm standing, and rush towards them, pulling him back and throwing my fist towards his face, connecting with his nose. Before I decide to kick him on the side of his torso, I turn back to look at Lua who looks at me, surprised.

"Abel!"

I turn back to the guy and kick him on the side of his body, earning a groan from his now busted lips. I feel Lua pull me back and she forces me to look at her.

"No, stop! He's not worth it Abel, let's go,"

She looks at him with such disgust, I can only imagine what would've happened had I not seen her with him. She starts pulling me away and I can slightly feel some of the anger in my body disappear now that I know Lua's safe. We finally reach the table where Hawk, Lamar and Hyghly are sitting and she sits me down, taking my hand in hers. When I look at her, she's looking at my bloody knuckles with a worried look on her face. She suddenly looks at me with so much worry in her eyes, I struggled to recognise what it was for a second.