3

"Wow, the rain let up", Hina chimed cheerfully as she walked out of the hospital with her friend, her boyfriend following behind. 

They had just endured quite the experience. It was one hell of a night for the girls. It quickly turned from a lovely date to a deathly fight and they were relieved it ended well. 

She spoke again when she pulled out her phone, her voice sounding shocked. "Oh no, look at the time! It's past midnight."

"It's August 4th already", Emma claimed, stepping further with the girl, leaving Takemichi behind.

"It's...already August 4th?" the boy murmured with a hint of disbelief in his voice, his legs becoming weaker, making him fall to his knees, looking down, his partner's constant reciting of his mission coming back to him, driving his eyes to tear up.

Naoto... I made it. August 4th is over. I succeeded in my mission to save Draken-Kun!!

"Please don't tell me he didn't make it..."

The boy looked up suddenly when he heard a voice he recognized, to find you standing in front of him, breathless and wet from both sweat and rain, your concern evident on your face as he looked up at you through his tears.

"It's you...", he whispered, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wipe his tears away. "No, the surgery went well, he survived."

"Thank god!", you looked up, taking a deep breath of relief that smelled like fresh rain.

"Did you...", he spoke again, still sounding surprised. "Come running from there?"

"Not really", you replied, stretching your arms. "I got a Taxi, but that jerk told me I was moistening his precious car and pulled me over a few miles from here."

"What an asshole...", you could hear the guy mumble.

"But no worries!" you added, your voice full of pride and with a wide smile on your face and a thumbs up. "I didn't pay him and called him a pussy for letting a girl walk alone in the middle of the night!"

"Pretty sure you can take care of yourself when walking alone", he awkwardly joked, his laughter at his own saying sounding a bit nervous, despite his shot to sound casual and chill.

"Thank you? I guess", you chortled along, rubbing the back of your neck, a hint of awkwardness in your tone. "But can I ask you how I can get to Kinjo neighborhood ? I'm kind of lost..."

"Wait, you live in the Kinjo neighborhood?", he asked, to which you nodded and got a grin from his beaten face. "That's where I live too!"

"No way!", you gasped. "I've literally never seen you there!"

"Me too!", he replied, giggling again.

As soon as you laughed about the coincidence, a warm smile spread across your face. Your conversation suddenly felt smooth and natural all of a sudden, with no need for awkwardness or shyness, as if no time had passed between you, driving you to hold out your hand for a handshake.

"I'm Y/n L/n", you said. "Your name was Takemitchy, right?"

"Takemitchy's a nickname, it's actually Takemichi", he shook your hand, beaming back. "Hanagaki Takemichi."

"Nice to meet you, Takemitchy!", you said back, adding cautiously beforehand. "It's okay if I call you Takemitchy too, right?"

"Yeah, it's fine, kinda used to it by now", he chuckled as he brushed the back of his head, before he was interrupted by the sounds of screams from the other side of the hospital. 

The two of you jumped, startled by the sudden noise. "What's happening over there?" you wondered, tilting your head to the side as you looked in the direction of the commotion.