25

"Valhalla wins."

Toman stood stunned as their commander lay face-down on the ground, barely conscious. They all felt a moment of sheer terror, panic-stricken as the grim reality of the situation loomed before them.

And then, Mikey rose from the fray. Despite his ravaged appearance, his voice danced with a calmness that was almost eerie in light of the situation. "Tell me just one thing, Kazutora," he spoke, lifting his head to look directly at the guy. "Am I your enemy?"

His words were like a thunderbolt, shaking Kazutora to the core. It brought back memories that collided in his mind, filling him with a sense of dread and foreboding.

He remembered the excitement and joy of their newfound bond, the feeling of having found someone who understood and accepted him. He remembered Mikey's words, still echoing in his ears.
You belong to me, Kazutora.

The memories of happy times together crashed with the current situation, overwhelming his senses as the chaos around him continued to rage.

One memory, in particular, filled his mind - a horrific memory of a mother's trembling face, pleading for him to make the right choice. Another memory was of raised fists, of violence and pain. He remembered how he was forced to choose between two things he loved - a choice that still haunted him to that day.

And now, as Mikey's phrases rang out, his wrath and anger escalated. "I... suffered because of you," he said, remembering that horrible accident, the one that destroyed his life. "It was your fault I got sent to Juvie."

"Huh? What the hell do you mean?" Mikey asked, confusion mixed with annoyance in his tone.

The rage within made Kazutora's head feel like it was going to explode, his response only added to the rush of emotions within him. "Of course, you're my enemy!"

Eyes filled with cold, ruthless anger, Kazutora's words cut through the tense air, standing over the injured guy. As they continued their stare-down, he felt all the pain and suffering he had endured, his bitterness towards the world spilling out. He could see Mikey looking up at him with a bland expression, his lack of emotion and fear only adding to Kazutora's rage.

"Did you know," he said, stepping over the old, wrecked cars on his way to the top. "If you kill people, that makes you a bad guy."

The boy's emotionless gaze and lack of response only served to push Kazutora's anger and frustration only mounted as Mikey continued to look at him with a blank stare. "But if you kill the enemies," Kazutora continued, his voice cold and calculating, looking back at the bottom with opened arms, and letting his earring ring. "That makes you a hero."

Kazutora's gaze was ice-cold, his determination radiating from his eyes. Everyone around you could feel his anger, his fury burning like fire. You had heard about his past, about how the accident between him and Mikey's brother had sent him down a dark path, and how Baji was determined to get him back. And suddenly, a thought entered your mind - could someone so damaged be saved?

As the doubts began to creep in, Baji's decision seemed more and more elusive. How could he possibly save the boy, whose soul was filled with darkness and pain?

Mikey still had no response, no change in expression or mood. But he saw the rage and hatred filling Kazutora, his eyes narrowed and his fists clenched, seemingly on the brink of madness. "Hold him for me," Kazutora pointed the pole directly to the guy, grinning. "Good and tight".

His two goons ran and grabbed him, each of them grabbing onto a limb and holding tight, making sure their target couldn't escape their grasp. With a grim determination, Kazutora's arm moved, bringing the hard pole down on Mikey's head with vicious force, hitting it over and over again.