13

Having the word "surprised" describe how you felt when your gray eyes met the blond's was definitely not enough. Your eyes were stuck open, your jaw went slack the second you recognized him, your entire body was glued in its place in shock.

Not only did the Manjiro Sano show up in your school without informing anyone, he even stood at the goddamn entrance, as if he desperately longed for the attention of all the students to get to him.

"It is the invincible Mikey!"
"Why is Toman's leader in our school?"

Just staring at him was enough to assure your theory. Even his clingy stand confirmed it! With every whisper his ears caught, he would dramatically look up at the sky, moving his hair back, acting like a fearless prince charming to all the eyes surrounding him.

And what made it worse, was that everyone around you actually fell for it. You could hear the guys gossiping about how cool he seemed, the girl squealing about how handsome he was. No wonder he had such a high ego.

You walked toward the guy with a revolted stare, his face high up in the air, his back still leaning on the wall, his hands in his pockets, getting all full of himself with all the attention on him.

"You look like you're taking a big hard shit dude", you mocked, your hand quickly shifting to cover your mouth that labored to hold the laughter. "What's with that look on your face?"

"Hey! I look good!", he shouted offendedly, standing back straight.

"For a blind person", you laughed before asking. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Got bored and decided to drop by", he mewled, stretching his arms.

"If you're waiting for Chifuyu he left earlier", you said, holding your bag with one hand and pointing to the school building with the other. "He said he's hanging out with Baji, so if you're waiting for him he's not here too-"

"I was waiting for you, idiot", Manjiro interrupted you, poking you on your forehead. "It's been so long since we hung out!"

Welp. You thought. That was unexpected

Even though the times you and the guy talked, texted, or anything of that sort, you didn't think that he would end up just showing up in your school one day and standing like some kind of close friend waiting for you to come out so that you two would "hang out".

You knew you would meet again someday, but no with him popping in front of you without any heads-ups!

"Wait, isn't that the girl who saved Draken at the battle of 8/3?"

Your ears suddenly spotted a whisper going around in the large yard you were near. There were still students coming out of the school, the yard was still full of people walking around, and since you were standing with one of the most famous delinquents at the time, the attention in the room would of course reach you as well.

"Hung out?"
"I didn't know they were close."

"Your hair seems different today", the blond spoke out of the blue, interrupting your attempt to hear the talks going around about you. You looked back at him, his eyes squinted and his head tilted, staring at you focused. "You straightened it, didn't you?"

"Is she his girlfriend or something?"

You were quick to hear that one gossip that didn't do much but bug you. And you immediately stepped away, grabbing the guy from the back of his collar and dragging him along. "Alright, time to go, pretty boy."

Just minutes ago you were glad that you were able to recompose your destroyed reputation in school. And now, before even giving it a try, you were probably going to be the talk of the students tomorrow for being asked to hAnG oUt by the invincible Mikey.