9

October 13th 1996

"Aaru!", you called, face focused on the man in front of you. "Remember that physics documentary you talked about 3 days ago?"

"The- The one about atoms?", Aaru, sitting next to you, asked, his voice as shaky as his body was.

"Yes! Atoms!", you replied, shifting your stares to his gaze. "They said that atoms never touch each other, right?"

"Y- Yes?", he stuttered, confused.

"And you also said that we are all made of atoms. So technically, we never actually touch each other..."

"Y/n, I don't think that's..."

"That's why, principal, no I did not punch this guy", you stated, pointing at the little crying boy sitting on the other chair with an icepack on his cheek and his parents surrounding him.

The man stared at you with an open mouth and an arched eyebrow, his looks showing how unbelievable he was. He looked then to your mother, sitting by your and your brother's side, awkwardly smiling at his judging stares.

"It's nice seeing you again, Akari", he finally spoke with his sarcastic old voice. "How long had it been since you last came here? A week, maybe?"

"Mr. Principal, I know Y/n can be..."

"No, a week is too long, maybe three days?"

The woman sighed while the old man brushed his beard, shaking his head while leaning back in his chair. "Your daughter really is nothing like you when you were her age.", he whispered tiredly, watching your mother glancing at you with eyes glowing with rage, making you flinch from your spot.

"My baby here was punched in the face by this... barbarian!", the mother of the child yelled, hugging her kid closely and comforting him.

"Excuse me?", the white-haired woman said, raising her eyebrow at her words. "What did you just call my daughter?"

"We're so sorry about what happened, ma'am", the principal interrupted the two. "I'm sure Y/n here has an explication for her action", he said, looking back at you harshly. "A logical explanation this time!"

You gulped, realizing that all the grownups in the room were giving you glares. You looked at your brother nodding for you to tell what really happened.

You then took a deep breath, looking back at the principal who was still glowering, waiting for you to talk.

"I was reading my book at recess...", you started, remembering how you were sitting on your designed seat in the class, reading the book you last received from your father.

It had been a while since you'd seen him. You talked on the phone from time to time, it was nice hearing him talk about how things were getting well with the company he just started, and how the book he sent you was the first thing he bought with the profit he gained from it.

"Look at this loser", you heard a guy talking with his friends from outside the classroom.

You could feel his finger pointed at you, but you still kept calm since you promised your mom to be a more polite child from now on.

"I heard that she has no friends 'cause she's too boring", another guy spoke, laughing along with his friends.

You didn't even waste time looking at their faces, you kept on reading the story, curious whether the enemies would actually end up killing one another or falling for each other instead.