34

Raina carefully assessed all the belongings she had gathered, ensuring she had everything she needed not only for her visit to see her father but also for her planned activities there.

"Raina," Rhaenyra said, walking alongside her, "why do you need all of this?" Rhaenyra gazed up at the dragons flying above them.

"Because I do," Raina replied, her eyes fixed on her dragon, Seasmoke, who carried large bags of money on his back. Drakonis and Pyronyx would be responsible for transporting her and her guards. Pyronyx had proven his ability to carry her guards on numerous occasions before.

"My princess," Ser Roderick approached her with a sizable chest, "your grandfather sent this along with a letter." he handed Raina the letter, and she eagerly unfolded it to read its contents.

"A dragon has three heads," the letter stated. Raina's face lit up with a smile as she opened the chest and revealed three magnificent, oversized eggs.

"Raina... what... what are you doing with those?" Rhaenyra asked, her voice filled with concern. However, Raina chose to ignore her and instructed her guards to place the eggs on Pyronyx's back.

"Action, Wyrion," Raina called out, beckoning them to come closer. Wyrion hurriedly approached his mother.

"Mama!" he exclaimed happily as Raina bent down and scooped him up into her arms. Daemon, seeing the commotion, walked over to join them.

"Why won't you let one of us go with you?" Daemon inquired, his gaze fixed on Raina.

"We'll be fine, Daemon," Raina assured, her voice firm yet gentle. She began walking towards her dragons, and Daemon followed closely behind. "We'll only be gone for a few days, okay?" she added, glancing back at him. Daemon shook his head, clearly wanting to voice his concerns, but Raina halted him.

"Daemon," Raina said, looking up into his eyes, her hand tenderly touching his face, "we will be alright, okay?"

"What are you really going to do over there?" Daemon asked, his gaze fixed on Raina, his tone filled with concern. Raina took a deep breath, contemplating her response.

"I promise I'll tell you everything," Raina replied, nodding solemnly, "when I get back." With that, she began preparing to mount her dragon, ensuring the safety of Aerion and Wyrion by placing them in a secure position. She cast one last glance at Daemon, their eyes locking briefly, before the three dragons soared into the sky.

...

"Are we taking everything?" Ser Alden asked, seeking confirmation. Raina turned to look at him and nodded firmly.

"Yes, everything. Let's go," she declared, scanning her surroundings. She wasn't certain of her father's exact location, but the whispers had indicated they would bring her to him. "Come," she urged, taking hold of Wyrion's hand and ensuring Aerion was securely by her side. They made sure to stay well-covered

The five of them swiftly navigated through the city, following the directions given by the whispers. "There," the whispers indicated. Raina's eyes snapped to the designated location, and she exchanged a glance with her guards before proceeding towards it.

"What do you want?" a man demanded as they entered. Raina's gaze locked onto him, her expression determined.

"We are looking for a man with white hair and dark skin. Have you seen him?" Raina inquired, staring directly at the man.

"Who wants to know?" he retorted. Raina clenched her jaw, feeling the exhaustion weighing on her, as well as her children. She had no patience for games at that moment. Raina gently set Aerion down, and the young boy instinctively clung to the leg of one of the knights, while Wyrion held onto the other.