50

Raina stood, looking at the cannibal. "Tell me, was it the man?" Raina asked the whispers. She didn't want to kill an innocent knight, but if it was him, she needed him gone.

"Yes," they replied. Raina closed her eyes. "You need to take care of him, Raina. You know what you have to do," they said. Raina opened her eyes and nodded.

"Ser Alden," Raina called out as her knight stepped into the pit.

"Yes, Raina?" Alden said as she turned to him.

"Bring him to me," Raina said. He already knew who she was talking about, and with a nod, he walked out. Raina turned back to look at her dragon as she waited.

When Raina heard shouting and struggling, her head turned to see Alden with the man, followed closely by the others.

"Raina, what are you doing?" Rhaenyra asked, looking between her and her knight. "We were in a meeting, and he just burst in and took him. What are you doing?" she asked. Raina turned to the man, her eyes cold.

"You sent a letter out a few days ago, what did it say?" Raina asked, looking at him.

"Raina," Daemon said, but she ignored him.

"What did it say?" Raina asked again. The man shook his head.

"I... I told you! It... It was to my wife!" he said.

"So the letter was not to Aegon? Telling him about the child within me?" Raina asked, leaning closer. "I know it was you. Just tell the truth. Did you send a letter to Aegon?" she asked. The man looked at her.

"You deserved it! My wife died in that battle because of all of you!" he said. "Cruel, that is all you all are! And you, you're not anything but an ordinary woman!" he said. Raina pulled back, her eyes moving to Daemon, then back at the man.

"This world is cruel to everything," Raina said, "but especially to women. But me? I'm not an 'ordinary' woman, and if you get in my way, I will strike you down," she said. He looked at her with wide eyes.

"You betrayed us," Raina said, looking down at him. "You betrayed me... and for that, you will die," she said, taking a step back and nodding. Her knight moved away from the man.

"Dracarys," Raina said. The cannibal moved forward, his jaws opening as flames shot from his mouth. The man screamed out in pain as his skin melted off his bones. Raina just watched.

Raina stood over the burning body, her eyes moving over all the knights, soldiers, and family members who had gathered. "Do you all see what happens when you betray me?" Raina said. "Let it be known that my army is coming, but they will not be known as the Blacks, but the Reds," Raina said as she turned to Rhaenyra, taking a few steps toward her.

"I will support you and be your ally," Raina whispered to her. "But I have given you enough time to name me as your heir, and yet it has not happened. I will not wait any longer for you to fulfill your part of this deal," she whispered.

"I will give you a few more days to decide. If you do not," Raina said, her eyes moving up to hers, "the consequences will be the least of your worries," and with that, she walked away, with Alden following after her.

"Have you heard anything from Roderick?" Raina asked, looking at Alden.

"Yes, he is about halfway done," he said. Raina nodded. "All has come this far," he added. Raina walked off to find her sons.

"Mum!" Aerion said, jumping up and running to her.

"Oh, my little dragon!" Raina said, picking him up as Wyrion ran to her. She bent down and kissed his head. "My big dragon," she mumbled, holding him close.

Raina moved to pick up Serion, who let out a small giggle when he saw her. "My littlest dragon," Raina said, holding him close as she walked back to Wyrion and Aerion.

Raina sat as she watched them play with the small dragon toys she had given them, offering a small smile.

"Wyrion, Aerion," Raina called out to them. They both looked up at her. "Do you remember where Serion was before he was born?" she asked.

"In your belly," Wyrion said, nodding.

"Yes, he was," Raina said, giving him a smile. "But Mama has another baby in her belly," Raina said. When Raina was pregnant with Serion, Wyrion asked a lot of questions about it, and now, Aerion being older, he had asked her the other night why her belly was getting round.

"Like Serion?" Aerion asked. Raina nodded.

"How did Serion come out of your belly?" Wyrion asked. Raina looked over at him.

"Well, I had him," Raina answered simply. Wyrion furrowed his eyebrows.

"How did the baby get in there?" he asked. Raina paused for a moment.

"That, my son, is a question you ask your father," Raina said. He nodded, looking back at his toys.

"So, you're having another baby?" Aerion asked. Raina nodded when the door opened, and in walked Daemon.

"You put on quite the show," Daemon said, closing the door behind him.

"I made my point," Raina said. He hummed. She undoubtedly did, in fact, make a point, one that even took him by surprise.

"Father?" Wyrion said. Daemon looked down at him. "Mama said she has another baby in her belly," he said. Daemon looked at Raina, who smiled at him before looking back down at Wyrion.

"Yes, she does," Daemon said, nodding his head.

"How did it get in her belly?" Wyrion asked. Raina rubbed her lips together as she looked up at Daemon, who still gazed at Wyrion.

"Yeah!" Aerion said, looking up at him. "How did it get in there?" he asked. Raina tried not to laugh.

"Well, my sons, you see, I put my—," Daemon began, but Raina cut him off.

"Daemon!" Raina hissed at him. He only shrugged. "You two will find out when you're older, much, much older," she said. Daemon looked at her.

"I'd say 14," Daemon said. Raina snapped her eyes up to his.

"No! They are good boys!" Raina said.

"They are also Targaryen boys," Daemon said. Raina shook her head.

"That has nothing to do with anything," Raina said, looking at their sons, then at Daemon.

"It does. I mean, look at them. They get their looks from me," he said. Wyrion didn't really look like Daemon; Daemon knew he had a different father, while Aerion looked like Daemon, and Serion, he was still too young to tell. Raina only hoped he looked like her and not Aemond.

"Father, will you tell us a story?" Wyrion said, jumping up as the two ran to him. Raina gave them a smile as she watched Daemon tell them about his battle days. Raina only wished it could always be like this, but this was not how it would be. This was only the calm before the next storm.

~~~
Raina and serion

~~~Raina and serion ↓