prologue

On a day of September, everything was not going so well in my life. Since it happened, I suffered for weeks, with no one to talk to. Every piece of ache piled inside me, hidden behind my happiest mask I always wear when I'm with anyone I know. It wasn't easy, yet I tried very hard to keep the cage of my emotions intact. I diverted my attention to what mattered the most at that moment, even if I was on the verge of falling apart. But, I did. I fell on my knees, head to the sky, and tears to the ground.

One valuable lesson I've drawn from this experience: writing will forever be my refuge from this harsh world. Despite the times when it seemed like my passion was waning, I discovered it burning like a candle, illuminating the darkest corners of my room. It granted me the ability to transform the heavy weight in my chest into art-an art not crafted to please everyone but rather a medium for my raw, burdened emotions I've kept hidden from sight. It is one thing that keeps me alive.

Because of these happenings, I wanted my 6th anthology to mirror my current life: dark, desolate, and filled with despair. It's a portrayal of wandering alone in an abandoned town, where escape is elusive, and the place threatens to consume you. This collection is divided into four chapters, each representing the struggles that kept me awake night after night. It is the most personal work I've created thus far, and I still wish to share it with you.

[somehow] made it through,
Jayvie