Chapter Ten

Fun fact; it's my birthday tomorrow!!!

Sunday

I spent a strong part of the next day researching the name 'Touya' as I tried to answer all the new questions surging through my mind. After an hour or so my father had summoned me once more to hand over the file. He had scolded me for 'slacking' which was followed by me promising to have more information next time before rushing away.

I walked calmly out his office and into the bar, deciding I needed answers now...

Dabi lifted himself onto a bar stool.

"Can I get you anything, Dabi?" Kurogiri asked, polishing one of the crystal glasses.

"Uh- I'll have a.."

"No you won't." I said plainly.

"Ha!?" Dabi whipped his head around, glaring at me unamused and rather offended.

"He won't be having anything, Kurogiri," I smiled at the mist man.

"Says who, princess?" He scoffed.

"Says me. Now come on!" I grabbed his wrist, pulling him down from the stool then let go.

He rolled his eyes, following me as I left the bar and dipped into the small alleyway outside.

"If you tell me now who the traitor is, I will not alert my father and will ensure y-... they are not hurt..." I said with apprehension, hoping he'd take my advice.

He was visibly taken aback, stepping backwards into the brick wall, leaning against it.

"I don't know who it is!" He protested, "I told you this yesterday."

"Just tell me and i will see to it myself instead of passing the news onto my father." My voice became threatening with a barely noticeable shake.

Dabi took in a deep breath, looking at me with one eyebrow raised, "You sound as though you don't want this person to be hurt, princess... they're betraying you- why would you protect them from the raft of All For One?"

Anger rushed through my veins as I pushed my hand towards him. The concrete ground under us  spiked upwards, a sharp point threatening at Dabis throat. His eyes widened.

'She knows...' He thought.

"I know." I stated, as though reading his mind.
"I know, Dabi." I repeated, more serious this time as the spike creeps slightly closer to the burnt, rotting flesh. "I've known for a long time..."

"W-what!?" He stuttered, "How?"

"You can easily light a few strangers ablaze..." I paused, locking eye contact with Dabi, stopping the concrete from going any further as his head was already pressed as far into the wall as possible, "but I watched you fighting the bird man... you missed every attack..."

He continued to stared at me, silence.

"Where is Hawks now, Dabi? Going to alert Endeavour? Going to alert your father?" I questioned, watching as he continued to glare.

"I'll light you ablaze." Dabis face said otherwise.

"You wouldn't dare"

"Wouldn't I?" He threatened, tall walls of dancing flames surrounded us.

"If you do nobody would know your secret..." I began as the walls started to close in, going slowly as not to trigger the point resting against his throat.

"Exactly." He sneered.

"But nobody would be here to protect you from All For Ones raft when he comes at you for killing his only daughter." I smirked, knowing I've won.