Chapter Sixteen

*Niall’s POV*

I ran up behind her and pushed her into the pool. She laughed as she resurfaced. I was about to jump in when Destiny’s phone rang.

“Can you get that, Niall?” she shouted up from the pool. I walked over to the table she had set it on. I didn’t recognize the number but I answered anyway. “Hello,” I answered.

“Hi, this is Edward Loughlin. I work for the police. I’m looking for a Mr. or Mrs. Horan,” he stated. The police? Why were they calling?

“This is Niall Horan speaking.”

“I’m sorry to inform you that four of your friends got into a car accident a few minutes ago. A Mr. Zayn Malik, Mr. Liam Payne, Mr. Lewis Tomlinson, and Mr. Harry Styles. I looked for an emergency contact number in their phone and this was it. They have been transported to the hospital,” he said. I couldn’t breath as worry swept over me.

“His name is Louis, not Lewis. Are they going to be okay?” I asked, worried.

“Mr. Tomlinson and Mr. Malik are both in critical condition. The other two have received broken bones and may need minor surgeries," he explained. My heart stopped. 

*Destiny's POV*

I watched as he answered my phone. I figure it was either Paul or one of the boys. I waited patiently for Niall to hang up and get in the pool with me. I stared at his face. A few seconds into the conversation I saw his face fall.

"This is Niall Horan speaking," I heard him say. Who could he be talking to? I wondered. More silence. "His name is Louis, not Lewis," he said. I smiled. Whoever it was happened to be a directionator. "Are they going to be okay?" he continued. Oh my god, something had happened to them. I pulled myself out of the pool and ran to Niall. "We'll be there in a few minutes," he finished as I reached him. His face was expressionless as he hung up the phone. 

"What happened?" I asked in a rush as he grabbed my hand, pulling me behind me. "Go get dressed," he demanded. I quickly ran up the stairs and changed into dry clothes. When I came jogging back down the stairs Niall was grabbing his jacket and keys. "What happened?" I asked again. He ignored me and grabbed my hand pulling me along. I yanked my hand away. He turned around quickly. "Damn it, Niall. Tell me what has happened!"

"The boys got into a wreck, okay? Now we have to go," he said. And with that we both got into the car. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never thought I would have to see my boys like this. We couldn't see Louis or Zayn. They were both in critical condition. We got to see both Liam and Harry. Luckily Harry only got a broken arm and a few scrapes and bruises. Liam had gone into surgery because he shattered his arm, hand and shoulder. He had also broken some ribs and his pelvis. 

"What about Zayn and Louis?" I asked feeling Niall's hand around my waist. 

"Mr. Tomlinson has shattered the whole left side of his body. It was crushed on impact. He is going to be put through multiple surgeries to put everything back together. As for Mr. Malik, well his situation is a bit more severe. Along with multiple broken bones, a metal pole was pushed through his leg on impact. We are going to have to try and remove it. This can be rather tedious because he will lose a lot of blood directly after the pole is taken out. There isn't really any other way but he may not survive it," the doctor explained. He walked away and I turned to Niall. He wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his chest. 

"He'll be okay," Niall whispered. 

"Don't say that. You don't know that he is going to be okay," I sobbed. 

"He's stronger than you think," Niall whispered.

"I can't live without him. I just can't. I can't live without any of you," I whispered. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had made it through the surgery. He still wasn't awake. They didn't know when he would wake up. I was impatient. Now I realized why Niall had been so mad when I wouldn't wake up. 

I was humming a song and sitting next to him. Niall had been sleeping. Then I heard the heart monitor flat-line. 

"No!" I kept yelling as Niall pulled me out of the room, away from Zayn. The dead Zayn. I was thrashing. "No!"