Chapter Twenty Six

*Destiny’s POV*

I slept better last night than I ever had. When I woke, Niall still had his arms wrapped around me. I giggled as I looked at his face. He mouth was slightly open as he breather evenly. His hair was sticking out at odd angles. I took my finger and lightly trailed it along his cheek and I laughed when he smacked himself.

“You find that funny, d’ya?” he asked once he was fully awake and realized what had happened. I shook my head and tried to keep a straight face. Unfortunately for me, that was nearly impossible. I tried to free myself from his grasp before he could even think about tickling me. I hadn’t even made it to the other side of the bed before his hands were at my waist, tickling. I collapsed on the bed in a fit of laughter as I tried to get his off of me.

“Stop,” I gasped around my laughs. He smirked at me as I begged him to stop with this torture.

“Say you love me first,” he commanded and it was my turn to smirk at him. I shook my head but he quickly increased the speed of his tickling.

“Okay! Okay, I love you, Niall!” I shouted.

“And I love you,” he muttered as he removed his hands from my waist. He placed one hand on either side of my body, just above my head, holding his body above mine. He placed a single kiss on my forehead. “I’d be an idiot not to.” I wanted so badly to reach up and pull his body down to mine. I shivered at the thought of his hips rolling, pushing himself further into me.

“Cold?” he asked and I blushed, as if he might guess at what I was thinking. I shook my head.

“Shouldn’t you be leaving for the studio any minute soon?” I ask, trying to turn the attention from me.

“I’m not going to the studio today. We got the day off. I told you that last night. Although, your answer was incomprehensible so you probably weren’t paying much attention to me.”

I rolled my eyes as he pouts. “I was exhausted,” I defend. “I’m going to go shower.”

I yearned for him to join me as I entered the warm water. I mentally slapped myself. My hormones were on a high today and it was getting to be quite obnoxious. I’d barely been awake for 10 minutes and I’ve already wanted to get Niall naked multiple times. How bizarre is that?

I wrap my body in a towel and I feel amazing, not just because of the shower, I’m just really happy about my life, about myself. I grab my make-up but then think twice about it. I feel Niall’s eyes on me as I throw all of the make-up into the trash bin. I don’t need it. I shouldn’t need to cover myself up because this was the real me. I grab my hairbrush and I put my hair into a messy bun, not really caring what it looked like. I search through my closet before finding a pair of high-waisted shorts and a light tank top. I’m actually quite tired of feeling suffocated by my clothes. I’m tired of long-sleeves and pants. My cuts are a part of me. This is the new me.

*Niall’s POV*

I watch in amazement as she throws her make-up in the bin and my jaw probably comes close to hitting the floor when she picks out her outfit. Don’t get me wrong; I love it. It just isn’t a typical outfit for her. When she is dressed, she comes out and looks at herself in the mirror. I wait for her to say something about how “it shows to much of her body.” But she doesn’t; instead she turns to me and smiles.

“I like it,” she says and I smile back at her.

“Me too!” I assure her. I like not only the outfit but this more confident Destiny.

I do believe it is true that you can fall in love with someone more and more every day, because sweetheart, I’ve just fallen farther.