Chapter Twenty Eight

*Destiny’s POV*

I’m shocked by what he’s just said. I have to marry Niall in the next two months if I want to go on the tour with him. Of course I’m happy to marry Niall…but so soon? I am once again reminded of the difficulties of my field of work…people are forever ruling your life. I absolutely hate it but I have to deal with it.

“And I’m sure you won’t be able to pull together a wedding on such short notice, so I do believe the point remains the same. I’m very sorry,” the man says, standing and preparing himself for his exit.

“Wait!” I shout, also standing. “There is no other way then?” He shakes his head. “Then we’ll be married before then.”

I hear Niall inhale beside me and I stare at him, trying to gauge his reaction. He smirks at the guy from management who seems to be at a loss for words. Niall stands and wraps his arm around my waist.

“We’ll make sure to send you an invitation,” Niall says. If you couldn’t see the smirk, you could hear it in his voice.

After the manager exits the room, I stare at the ground as Niall studies my face. I don't know what to say and it feels quite awkward. I'm not sure how to explain my actions just now. I don't know how to address the issue at hand and I just wish I could disappear. 

"You're sure this is what you want?" he questions me. 

"I know I want you," I whisper and suddenly his lips are pressed to mine and I know he would have made the same decision. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Perrie's POV*

I take off my shoes as I enter the huge house, the smell of food permeating the air. My stomach grumbles and I am reminded once again of my long flight without any food. I nearly starve myself every single time I visit because I love eating the food here. Destiny is a lovely cook and I wait for chances for her to cook. 

She'd invited everyone out for the weekend because she had something she needed to tell us. I was slightly nervous for her to tell us what it was. I've always hated waiting for people to tell me things. In fact, I've always hated waiting for anything. I enter the kitchen to see Des slaving away while Niall seemed to be eating just as much as she was making.

"Niall, I'm absolutely starving and you seem to be eating all of the food," I say and they both turn around shocked. 

"Perrie's home!" Destiny shouts and I'm sure the whole world could here it. I felt my heart ache when she referred to me being 'home.' Zayn and I were still taking it quite slow and I didn't totally feel like I belonged in this family again. I heard 4 sets of feet pounding down the steps and they made their way to the kitchen. I was greeted by all of the boys with warm hugs and the appropiate "Missed you love," from Liam. They were all soon distracted by the food that was being placed in front of them and I was glad to no longer be the centre of attention. After everyone had finished eating, I waited and waited for someone to tell us the news but no one did. 

"Babe, Perrie's getting anxious. Will you just tell them the news?" I hear Niall say to Destiny. I blushed. 

"Niall and I are getting married," Destiny stated and I rolled my eyes. 

"We already knew that. The whole world new because Niall proposed at a concert,"  I say matter-of-factly. 

"What I meant to say was: Niall and I are getting married in 27 days," she stated and felt my fork hit my plate. 

"What?" I shrieked in complete shock.