꧁ ✧ Prologue ✧ ꧂

Don't forget to vote please! It really helps <33

A small, dusty grey she-cat, to-be sized, silently padded over an ancient path. The roar of water came close as she neared a corner. 

Another cat followed her. A slightly larger, golden tomcat. They slid behind the waterfall,  their pelts slightly misted by the spray. Ears lowered, they crept inside a dark, gaping hole. They shivered from the drizzle, dropping softly onto their backs from the ceiling of the cave. The sound of fur on time-old stone could be heard from deeper within the cave. Small murmurs were caught in the hairs of their ears. They froze, before continuing. The she-cat led the way to a small indent in the ground, a smooth, hollowed-out shape in the stone, carved from many bodies lying on it for seasons upon seasons. The distant lightning crackled in the sky as birds were waking up. They slithered inside and curled together, trying to hold back their smiles. As they relaxed into each other, they heard heavy paw steps echoing throughout the cave. Their eyes shot open. The hairs along their spine prickled, and their hackles raised. Their eyes widened in pure terror as they leapt up and raced towards the walls of the cave, and scrambled to a nearby ledge. In the gloom, they waited for something to happen. A sound, a movement. Anything. Then, thunder boomed in the distance, and lightning flashed light across the cave. Two huge orange eyes were made out near the entrance of the cave.

"It must have followed us!" The tom whispered, terrified. The she-cat stared at him for a moment, before screeching as loud as her small lungs could,

"SHARPTOOTH!"