꧁ ✧ Chapter 6 ✧ ꧂

Don't forget to vote please! It really helps <33

Willow was sat underneath the moon and stars, wondering where Dandelion could be. An owl hooted, his call ringing across the forest. Another call answered, calling out desperately for its love. Willow thought about Dandelion, beginning to believe he was gone. Her wounds had already started to heal, and she could now hobble around. Her paw was still twisted around, and she had to limp everywhere. She had managed to catch a shrew and two baby mice. A well as her own muscle, that's all she had eaten in the last week. She settled down, feeling like her life was taking a turn for the good. But she missed Dandelion. She closed her eyes.

꧁꧂

Willow hobbled determinedly over to the root, which was thick, curving out of the ground like a rainbow before digging back in. She grabbed it in her teeth and tugged it with all her body weight. It didn't budge. She growled in determination, and fear that she was doing the wrong thing. She sucked in a breath and wedged her twisted paw underneath the root where it was closest to the ground. She pulled gently, wincing.

The root held her paw fast. She was stood in front of the root, her hindquarters brushing it, her paw pulled under her stomach. She inhaled sharply, before hopping on three paws, and she turned her body slightly to the side and ground her teeth together.

Ancestors, help me. She begged through gritted teeth as she turned only a claw-length more, and screeched in agony as her foot refused to move. Please! A gust of wind blew from the other direction, forcing her back to where she was. She paused for a moment, staring down at her paw. She noticed, that not only was her paw twisted, but tilted. She narrowed her eyes and turned the other way. It turned with her, and she growled in frustration and wedged it in harder. Grinding her teeth, she jerked her body to the side and moaned in torment. She went back to her starting place, gasping for breath. Her chest felt tight. She didn't have enough energy or strength for this. But she knew she couldn't give up. She pulled on her paw slightly, wincing, before letting out a cry as she tugged it a little further to the side. She was at an awkward angle, and fought to not fall and rip off her paw. She went back again. Hobbling on three legs going around a point was hard, and she panted in affliction and tiredness. Her ankle burned, it felt unbelievably tender at every movement. She breathed in and gritted her teeth as she jerked to the side, now halfway there. she whimpered from the stabbing ache and went back to her starting point.

''Come on Willow! Please, you can do this...'' she reached over and got a small stick. Splinters pricked her tongue, and she shut her jaws tightly on it, and tugged more, twisting her paw until she felt a limit. The stick completely splintered in her mouth, and she spat it out. She pulled gently and felt something stopping her from twisting any further.

The bone. Determination set like concrete in her mind and she pulled to where she was again. She growled and clamped her jaws shut. She crouched, and counted down, and an image of Dandelion flashed across her mind, and it empowered her. She snarled and twisted her whole body with such a force, a loud scraping click was heard, and she shrieked at the excruciating pain, and collapsed. Panting hard, she lifted her head and looked back at her paw. It was swelling madly, faster then nightfall sneaks up on a lone cat. But it was facing forwards. She anxiously yanked out her paw, ignoring the pain and examined it. Except for the swelling, and loose claw, it looked normal. She stood on three paws, and hesitantly put her paw on the ground. Her eyes were watering from the pain, but blinked the tears away. She set it on the ground, took a step forward and toppled over.

Damn. She thought to herself. It didn't hurt too badly anymore, but it was weak, and couldn't be used for a few days in the least. She limped over to the rock, and studied her paw with an odd feeling of love and pride.