꧁ ✧ Chapter 4 ✧ ꧂

Don't forget to vote please! It really helps <33

Willow was walking outside, in a field of flowers. She saw two she-cats, their bellies round. One was a white and ginger, and one was white. For some reason, she knew their names. Wind that Smells of Pine, and Pebble that Rolls Down Cliff. She looked around and saw a dark grey tomcat. She also somehow knew his name, Feather Falling From Bird. He looked back to the pregnant soon-to-be mothers, sharing tongues in a cloud of daisies, butterflies flitting around them. They looked into each other's eyes with the love of friendship. The memory changed, and she now saw three tiny, squirming bundles. She smiled at the mewing kits, who were dark grey and white, light grey and a golden brown. Their eyes weren't even open yet, but she could see the love everybody had for each other. She felt sad but couldn't understand why. She watched the white she-cat wheeze, and a cough wracked the lithe dark grey kit's body. She crouched to give it a lick, but the memory changed before she could do so. She was at an entrance to a cave, and she watched as two thin cats were laid to rest in a hole, by a tree near the river. One was a tiny dark grey and white kit, and one was a dirty white cat. She turned back to the cave, to see two kits stumbling towards the cave entrance. They weren't allowed out, but they sat at the entrance, pressing into each other. She watched from behind as the golden tom-kit wrapped his short tail around her back. The she-kit pressed her forehead into him. That poor kit... she thought as she saw the unhappiness in the posture of the grey kitten. She then froze.

Wait... who are these kits? She padded closer,

''Hey, what're your names?'' She called out to them. Their ears didn't twitch. Were they asleep? She padded infront of them, and a volt of confusion shot through her when she saw their eyes open, looking at the cats in silence and very much awake.

She raised a paw to their faces, and they didn't respond.

''Hey!'' She tried to give the tom a gentle push, but gasped and scrambled away when her paw slipped through him. He didn't move. She panted, anxiety ripping through her chest. ''What... what is this... wait...'' She backed away.

''This... this isn't real.'' She bounded over to the other cats, yelling franticly.

''Hey! Hey! Anybody? Hey, I'm here! It's me, hello?'' She lost her breath when a cat padded through her. She watched them walk away while three cats stayed to cover the cats in the grave. They all walked past the kits, who looked up at the cats as they passed. The dark grey tomcat and the ginger and white she-cat stopped by them and murmured something to them before padding back inside. The ginger she-cat flicked them both with her tail gently and followed the tom inside. Her attention was back on the kits. She stared at them, hard. Those golden eyes... she knew them... the stripes on the tomcat were familiar. She looked at the she-kit, who was snuffling sadly. She knew her from somewhere, and yet she didn't remember this.

Wait... Is that.... me? She stepped back, her pulse reverberated under her skin.

How could it be? I'm me... I can't be her... she can't be.... can she? She panicked and walked backwards as the kits started to go inside.

That mark on her lower back, that shoulder splotch... thats mine! But it can't be... she kept walking, panting, and confused. Suddenly the ground from under her feet disappeared, and she was engulfed by cold, swirling water. Water filled her eyes, her ears, her lungs, and she couldn't tell up from down, and couldn't reach the surface.

No! Please, not again. I have to find Dandelion!.. Darkness consumed her, and she could no longer fight back.