꧁ ✧ Chapter 8 ✧ ꧂

Don't forget to vote please! It really helps <33

Willow was panting heavily, dragging every step. A rabbit lay across her shoulders, needing to hold open her mouth in the heat. She had been travelling for days, retracing her steps, hoping to find the same tunnel she and Dandelion were separated at. Her eyes watered, and she blinked away the tears. Her head hung low. She hadn't found a single drop of water in days. She could barely make up ten tail-lengths in front of her, due to the haze. She swayed groggily on her paws and stopped as she saw a small dip in the ground. She pricked her ears, tumbling forward unsteadily, the hare dropping with an unheard thud. She sniffed desperately at the dusty ground. Growling with frustration and exhaustion. She collapsed in the dip, tongue lolling limply from her mouth. She breathed shallowly, eyes slit, unseeingly staring ahead. She closed her eyes, trying to feel her twitching body. She passed out.

꧁꧂

With a hoarse gasp, Willow jerked her head up, and stared around, struggling to see.

Am I blind? She started to panic, and stood, staring desperately around. She raised a paw in front of herself, and whimpered, crouching, feeling watched.

''Help me...'' she whined, and shut her eyes as a bright blast of icy white shot across the earth, and she looked up, squinting at the light.

The moon. She sighed in relief, and realised it was cool. Not just cool, it felt cold. She stood and looked around for her rabbit. She was hungry now, she had been saving it for when she needed it, and when she found it, with ease, she wrinkled her nose and backed away. It stank of death and rot. It had baked in the sun. She ignored her rumbling stomach and started walking in the direction she had been travelling in. She walked, mostly blindly as the clouds hid her guiding light, and she often stumbled and tripped on unknown inanimate objects. She made slow progress, each step taken with careful hesitation. She stopped for a break, and heard an owl hoot. She had only heard an owl once before, while looking at the stars but had never seen one, and looked up at the trees with curiosity. She pricked her ears, hoping to hear it again. She didn't, but saw huge, orange eyes that reminded her of Sharptooth. She shivered, and felt another pair of eyes watching her, and she spun around, pelt prickling. When she saw nothing, she looked back for the eyes. They were gone. her spine prickled ominously, and she carried on walking into the night.

 her spine prickled ominously, and she carried on walking into the night