꧁ ✧ Chapter 7 ✧ ꧂

Don't forget to vote please! It really helps <33

Birds were singing loudly, and the trees swayed gently in the warm breeze. The sun hesitated, peeking over the horizon as it cast a crimson glow across the sky. A lean, dusky grey cat limped over the grass, a young hare hanging limply from her jaws. She had begun to hunt early in the morning, and turns out that only a minute's walk away there was a stream, which had presumably been frozen during the winter.

She settled down and tucked into her breakfast. After finishing, she stretched out on her back, legs trembling. She lay on her back, purring, eyes slit. She felt completely at home and relaxed here. She had never scented badger, or fox, and had never caught sight of a single eagle. There were no predators but her. She was top of the food chain.

Unless the mice go on strike. She chuckled to herself, and sat up, yawning widely. An image of Dandelion flitted behind her eyes, and a flash of guilt wormed around her stomach.

I should be looking for him. She thought remorsefully.

I mean, he hasn't found me.. maybe he... she shook her head.

No. He's out there. And I'm going to find him. She narrowed her eyes and made a plan. She would gather some prey, and take it with her to look for him. She would retrace her steps, and she would find him, she had to. She cast a quick glance at her paw, which was still sore. She wrinkled her nose in disdain, and packed herself into a loaf, watching the sky go from blood red to orange, to yellow, to white spotted cornflower.

꧁꧂

A telltale trickling made her mouth water, and despite the heat she trotted, her ears pricked. Shaded by most of the trees' luscious branches, she crouched down and lapped at the water greedily, her tender paw was generously cushioned by moss. Suddenly, a plop sounded next to her face. Leaping back in surprise as her face was now sprinkled with water, she caught sight of kicking, naked legs. Ears pricked with curiosity, she stalked forward, peering into the water. She saw nothing. Just a cloud of mud rising to the surface like a mushroom. Weird. She walked away to another part of the stream, with clear water running over pebbles smoothly. She began to sip from the stream once more, eyeing the water, hoping to see the mysterious creature again. She didn't. On her way back, she had to leap from tree-base to tree-base, trying to keep in the shade. She looked at her clearing. Out in the sun. She walked over, eyes droopy through the haze. She leaned on the smooth rock, pushing it towards the trees. It was exhausting, but she got it under the shade and propped herself against it as she panted.

Her wounds were all pretty much healed, just scars reminded her of the experience, but she had been getting short of breath very easily, more then she used to. She guessed during the ordeal, her chest must have pounded pretty hard on the ground, perhaps injuring her lungs. She guessed nothing could be done, and just had to continue with her life, working her way around the problem. She had learned to live with it. She lay down, pressing against the rock and flattening herself against the cooler ground, and she shut her eyes.