Chapter -35, forgiveness

THIRD PERSON POV:-

Dante slowly opened his eyes. For a moment, he felt like everything was swirling around him. He blinked multiple times to fix his vision.

When he finally opened his eyes, he saw he was in the basement. A dimly lighted light was on. While he was unconscious, Enzo dragged him down inside  the basement and tied him with a chair.

He looked around the basement and saw James lifeless body laying on the ground just an inch beside him.

A clink sound came from the basement door.
"Oh it seems you are awake. Perfect timing" Enzo chirped as he entered. He changed his clothes from the blood smudged T-shirt he wore before.

Dante scrowled. "What the heck are you doing?Let me go now and I will forgive you " he said darkly. Enzo hysterically laughed as if he heard the best joke ever.

"Let you go? Dante Arena" he called. He called his name with so much coldness, Dante shivered. Enzo came near him face to face and fisted his hair in a tight grip, lifting his face up to meet his eyes. Dante winched in pain.

"It seems you are not fully aware of your situation. I didn't drag you to the basement just to let you leave" he said and left his hair with a jerk.

"You are making a very grave mistake. I will make your life hell once I leave!" Dante barked which made Enzo chuckle.

"Only if you can leave uncle. Your life is now in my hands" he said. For the first time as Dante looked at Enzo, he felt something.

He felt fear.

"You know uncle, I have lots of memories of this place" Enzo started to speak as he paced around the room. Dante gulped. His instinct told him something bad was about to happen.

"I spend more of my childhood here more than I did in my room" he let out a small laugh.

"What are you trying to do?" Dante asked. His voice edged and cautious.

A dark smile pulled up in Enzo's lips. "It is time uncle..." he trailed off as he looked at Dante. "It is time to end this"

Dante's eyes widened. "DON'T YOU FORGET THE HANDS THAT FED YOU!" He roared.

Enzo's jaw clenched. Even in this situation his ego was still high and mighty. Enzo took quick steps towards him and held his hand which was tied to the arm rest of the chair.

He took one finger and snapped it in the opposite direction. A bone breaking sound snapped. A painful scream erupted from Dante's throat.

"AHHHH!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs as Enzo continued to snap his finger one by one.

"What happened uncle? Isn't this the hand that fed me? I am just returning the favour" he mocked.

"No! STOP!! STOP IT!!" He screamed. Tears started to fall from his eyes from the excruciating pain. "Aww what happened uncle? Hush... Don't cry" Enzo cooed with a hint of mockness.

His lips twisted up in an evilish smirk. "Weren't you the one who used to do this to other people?" He said and clicked his tongue in disappointment.

"How funny to see you scream like a pussy when you are given the same treatment" he sneered.

Enzo broke all his fingers of both hands. Dante was a mess from screaming and crying. "Please stop... I-I am sorry" he cried out.

"Just like that" Enzo mumbled. "I USED TO BEG YOU JUST LIKE THAT! BUT YOU NEVER STOPPED!" He roared and with that he stabbed a knife in the middle of Dante's hand. He screamed painfully.