Chapter -45, Scheme of a madman

ALORA'S POV:-

I was laying on the sofa of the library, mindlessly staring up at the ceiling as I dangled my feet on the side of the sofa.

Thor and wolf were sleeping on either side of me, peacefully resting their head and pow on my stomach as if they were marking their territory. I softly caressed their fur.

My mind was blank, I don't know for the past few days what happened to me. I just don't feel like doing anything or talk to anyone.

I sighed for the millionth time of the day. Since the day at the mall, I haven't had a single proper conversation with Enzo. I know he is trying hard to break my walls but I just can't bring myself to talk to him.

Moreover I am afraid I will say something terrible to him which I will probably regret later.

Every single time I look at him the scene from the mall flashes through my eyes, specially the dead bodies of the guards.

I recoiled remembering that incident, specially how everyone was treating it like their death wasn't anything. It was like a mosquito was killed nothing else.

I have seen countless dead bodies while working at the hospital but this scene felt too much for me to take. Specially the incident.

*KNOCK*KNOCK

"Come in" I sighed.

Florina showed up as soon as I gave my permission. "Hello Señora" she said. I briefly glanced at her.

"What brings you here Florina?" I asked. I moved the two sleepy heads off my stomach and sat up. My body immediately felt light when I removed them. It felt like I removed a huge rock from my top.

"The weather seems nice today. Why don't you go out for a walk?" She suggested. I glanced up at her and gently smiled, which obviously looked like it was forced. I know because of me the whole mansion is depressed as well.

Everyone is trying really hard to make me smile. Even though I know of their efforts I just couldn't bring myself to be like my old self.

"I will go only if you go out with me. It's pretty depressing to walk by myself, alone in the garden" I said.

She immediately smiled brightly. "Of course dear. I would love to accompany you" she said.

——————-

Florina and I were walking out of the mansion through the second living room, which had a glass door directly facing the garden. It is a perfect place to have a cozy time with families.

Just when I was about to enter the room a maid suddenly bumped into me. The vase from her hand fell and shattered into millions of pieces.

"Are yo-" before I could say anything she immediately bowed and started to profusely apologise. I can see her body literally shaking, her face pale as if she had saw the devil.

I frowned. I clutched both her shoulders and made her look up at me. "It's fine you don't need to be that much scared. I am okay, it was just a vase" I said.

Her face immediately relaxed the moment she noticed it was me, not the devil himself. "M-ma'am I-" she stuttered. I softly smiled. "It's fine. Go inside and rest for sometime and tell someone else to clean this" I ordered.

She hesitantly nodded and went back. As soon as she left I looked at Florina. Her expression clearly told me that she knew why that girl was scared.

"Care to explain what's happening here?" I gave her an accusing look. She slightly glanced at me and immediately looked away, as if she was guilty.