Chapter -41, attack

ALORA'S POV:-

It has already been a few days since the picnic and today I decided to surprise Enzo at his office. For the past few days he has been drowning himself in work. He comes home late as well.

This morning he even went to office early. I didn't get to see him off for office but I felt him giving a peck on my forehead before going out.

I got out of the shower wrapping a towel over my body. I made my way towards the closet room as I hum a song.

I dried my hair with the towel and then blow dried it. I did my makeup and then changed into a black dress with half t-shirt.

I wore my heels and brushed my hair

I wore my heels and brushed my hair. I checked everything in my bag for the last time and headed out.

"Heading out already?" Florina asked gaining my attention. I smiled. "Yeah. Please don't tell him, I am going to surprise him" I said. She smiled.

"Don't worry darling. I won't tell a soul but be careful on your way" she said. I nodded smiling. "Okay see you later. Bye" I said and headed out.

A driver was already standing outside the manor beside the car. He opened the car door for me. "Thank you" I said as I got inside the car. He gave me a slight bow with a smile before closing the door.

After the driver settled inside he started to drive the car.

—————————-

"We are here Ma'am" the driver said. I looked out the window and saw the building. It was bustling full of busy peoples.

I redid my hair and took a deep breath to steady myself. "Thank you" I said politely to the driver before heading out.

As I stepped outside, I suddenly felt a flash on me. I immediately looked at it but found nothing. Slight uneasiness washed inside me but I shrugged it off.

I straight away walked inside the office. I opened the huge glass door and looked around before getting inside. I wanted to walk inside the elevator quietly but guess it wasn't on my luck list.

"Mrs.Salvatore" the receptionist said once she noticed me. I halted on my steps cursing my luck mentally.

"Good morning Mrs.Salvatore" she said.

I turned around facing her with a polite smile. "Good morning" I said.

It caught everyone's attention. All the employees immediately started to bombard me with their greetings. I greeted them back with a smile and hurriedly went inside the elevatore.

For some reason they looked more enthusiast to see me today. They all get happy and excited when they see me but today it feels different. It makes me feel like I am some sort of a celebrity.

I sighed in relief once I got inside. I still can't get used to their constant attention.

The elevatore dinged when it reached his office. Just the moment I stepped out of the elevatore, a shocked Esme met me.