Chapter -49, blood on his soul

THIRD PERSON POV:-

"But wh-"

"Dante's here! His location is showing exactly at the place where you are and he definitely isn't alone!!"

Enzo's eyes widened in disbelief, as if a sudden jolt of electricity coursed through his whole body leaving him stunned momentarily. His stomach twists, breathing changes, muscles contrasts as all the emotions worked together inside him.

He looked at Alora before he saw anything else in the room. She is smiling brightly as she enjoyed watching Neko and Linda's special dance. Her face full of warmth, with a smile so beautiful, it would even make the cherry blossoms feel ashamed of themselves.

Everything around Enzo blurred, the only thing he could see was Alora. Nevan's shouting at the background slowly quieted down as Enzo's hand involuntary started to lower as he stared at her in daze.

Suddenly he noticed something unusual from the corner of his eyes. A beam of red light was seeping around her. As he finally became sober, all his surroundings came back to him, his eyes widened in horror.

Keeping his phone in his pocket, he immediately rushed towards Alora.

Alora on the other hand, peacefully kept having her drink, watching Neko and Linda dance gracefully along the rhythm of the music, staring into each other's eyes with all the love they bore for each other. Being in their own company on the somewhat empty floor as all the people watched them with a small smile on their face, surrounding the round dance floor.

They look so beautiful together, it's unimaginable that they had an arranged marriage, let alone be sworn enemies since childhood.

Alora sheepishly smiled staring at them. She was about to have another sip of her drink when she suddenly felt a hand abruptly picking her up.

In a swift moment she found herself being tightly hugged in someone's arm. Her eyes shut close from the sudden surprise. Before she could even understand what was going on around her, a gun shot erupted beside her.

Her whole body jolted from the surprise, chaos immediately broke through the whole club. People desperately and frantically tried to run to save their lives.

"Shhh baby, everything's going to be alright" Enzo cooed, rubbing her back, trying to calm her down.

Her heart felt at rest hearing his voice. She tightly clutched onto him as her eyes started to water. Her heart wavered from horror and fear as she heard all the people in the club screaming along with gunshots.

It was dark, so she wasn't able to figure out from where the bullets were originally being shot, but she could sense the horror and desperation in the peoples voices.

The bar Alora was seating just a moment ago fell into ruins from the gunshots. Shards of glass and broken woods spread across the floors.

They were hiding behind a bar counter, Enzo crouching on the floor, leaning against the lower cabinet of the bar as he dearly held Alora in his arms in a protective manner. His one hand on the back of her head, burying her face in his chest so that he can protect her from the pieces of fallen stones.

From the back door of the second floor, armed men in black flocked inside, scattering throughout the floor they cleared the middle path.

As the gunshots and the music stopped, a man more sinister than the devil, a scoundrel with a scar right across his face made his appearance.

Wearing a full three piece black suit clad to his body. He casually entered, nonchalantly vibing with a song he loves to whistle whenever he is in a good mood.