Chapter- 33, his past

THIRD PERSON POV:-

Alora?" Enzo called.

Alora turned around quickly like a deer caught in headlights. He was standing near the library door. After a while she left, Enzo suddenly felt something too soft in his hand. He couldn't have her sweet floral and vanilla smell. His eyes shot opened. He abruptly got up from bed and desperately searched for her.

But to his dismay, there was no one in the bed except for him.

'She left you'

The voice in his mind spoke. He shaked his head vigorously. 'No she didn't' he revoked.

He got up from bed and searched the bathroom. Seeing no signs of her he went outside and searched every room for her. He stopped mid-way when he saw dim light coming out of the library. He ran towards there.

After he entered the room he saw Alora seating near the fireplace, facing her back on him. A sigh of relief left his lips.

"Alora?" He called. She froze. She turned around quickly. "E-enzo? What are you doing here?" She asked surprised. He strided towards her. "That's exactly my question. What are you doing here alone?" He said sternly standing near the sofa as he glared at her. His look was scary making her break into cold sweats.

"E-enzo" she tried to say something but words failed to come out. "I asked something" he said more sternly. She faced away, she was about to cry from how scary he looked. "I-I couldn't sleep" she said looking down adding tiredness in her voice and fidgeting with her finger.

Her tired voice immediately dissolved his anger but he was still anxious. He went infront of her and crouched down facing her. He made her look at him by lifting her face by her chin. She looked at him with her doe eyes.

"Don't ever do that again" he said with a serious face "Don't ever fucking leave me alone without any notice. Do you understand?" He asked no ordered. Alora nodded vigorously as she watched his expression. His eyes showed he was scared.
"Yes" she meekly replied.

He sighed dropping his head between his shoulder. He pulled her closer and hugged her, dipping his head in the crook of her neck.

"You should have told me that sooner, sweetheart. You have no idea how scared I was" he said more like whispered. "I thought you left me" . It made Alora feel guilty. She didn't knew it will impact him like this.

"I am sorry. I just didn't wanted to disturb you" she whispered. He smiled. "You can tell me about any of your discomfort whenever you want" he said and gently placed a kiss on her shoulder "Do you understand? " . She shuddered at the sudden action. She meekly nodded biting her lips.

He pulled away from her neck and looked at her. "Promise me you won't leave me alone like that" he said. Alora softly smiled. "I won't" she assured. She could see how his facial expression instantly relaxed at her words.

"Are you okay? Should I call a doctor?" He asked worried. "I should call a doctor" he stated after awhile . "No no wait. I am fine" she said taking his hand abruptly as he was about to get up to call the doctor. He looked at her confused.

"It's just... I slept this afternoon so I am unable to sleep now" she said. She felt bad lying to him.

His expression rested upon her response. He stood up. "Stay here, I will be back in a second" he said and left.

After a few seconds he came back with a blanket. He squatted before her and draped her body with the blanket. "I will be back in a minute" he said as he stood up. She grabbed his hand making him look at her from over his shoulder. "Where are you going?" She asked lowly with a worried expression.