Callsign Zombie - Task Force 141 x Gender Neutral Reader (Platonic)

This is a request from Wattpad.

Y/N was youngest out of the bunch, and probably the nicest but a bit much at times. Even though they were the newest, they proved their worth and wouldn't be called Rookie anymore. Soap and Gaz brainstormed on nickname ideas, looking back on past missions and their behavior back on base. Ghost and Price just stood nearby, not really participating in the conversation.

Y/N walked by heading to the messhall for a late night snack. Soap dragged them and sat them on the couch next to him. "Y/N, what do you think of your nickname being your middle name? I think it's cool." Gaz asked. "No that's borin' as hell. What about Sunshine. Imagine being shot and stabbed by a solider named Sunshine." Soap and Price chuckled. Ghost nodded his head, he thought it was a bit funny.

"Why don't I just go by my callsign?" Y/N tilted their head. "You sure?" Price asked while lighting a cigar and smoking it. "You have one?" Soap and Gaz gave curious looks. "Yeah, from my old team. I was called Zombie because I bit a guys throat out. I didn't have any weapons so I had to improvise."

Price
He already knew the Callsign and the story behind it by reading the file on Y/N. John didn't tell anyone about it, he preferred having Y/N tell whoever they wanted when they were ready to do so. He was weary for anyone to found out not on Y/N's terms as it could create a hostile work environment which wouldn't be good on the team. But John knew how good of a person they were, the incident was just done out of pure survival.

Ghost
Simon was impressed, he'd heard of stories of a person called Zombie. A story of pure survival instinct who managed to survive with their bare hands, teeth and then later on a knife they stole off an enemy corpse. Simon always thought the story could have been faked or even warped overtime, but he has a newfound respect for you. He'd still watch over you incase you need protection on a mission though, even if he fully knows you can handle yourself.

Soap
Johnny thought the same as Gaz at first. Like his world was shattered, how could his little sibling like best friend be so badass and like crazy?! All of his thoughts got ignored with his giddy smile as he unloaded a ton of questions and would keep pestering you about it, even though you were the one who always did the pestering. "Did you taste any of his throat? What did it taste like? Could you taste his voice?"

Gaz
Kyle was shocked as all. To be honest when he first heard Zombie as Y/N's nickname, he genuinely thought you were just like a Walking Dead superfan or something. The way Kyle's eyes widened and his jaw dropped when he heard you bit a guy's jugular off. He'd still see you as the sweet little sibling type but he's never stealing your food from the fridge or cabinets ever again.