Chapter 2

Now I'm 17. I am a senior in high school. Today is the 2 year anniversary when Dustin passed away. This morning I woke up to Marlon waking me up.

M=Megan, Ma=Marlon

Ma: Wake up Megan. The power went out and your alarm didn't go off.

M: Shit!! I need to get dressed and everything I'm gonna be late!! Hey how did you get in if I wasn't up?

Ma: Your mom was heading out the door when she let me in she didn't have time to wake you so she asked me to. I left early because I figured you wouldn't be up because of the power outage.

M: Oh okay. Well you were right. You know me so well.

Ma: Yep I know your not a morning person! Even though your being kinda nice this morning.

M: Thanks!

I said with a smile.

I then started changing as Marlon went downstairs to get us some cereal. He is so sweet. He has been driving me to school because my car is in the shop, the engine broke down earlier this week. I got ready in around 30 minutes and went down stairs to eat breakfast with Marlon. After 10 minutes we left. When we arrived at school we weren't late at all. I then saw my boyfriend Jacob across the parking lot. Marlon and Dustin never really liked Jacob because he would usually have something else "planned" when I wanted to hang out with him. When we first started dating he would never leave my side but now after 2 years we don't hang out as much. I mean we still hang out and we are always with each other at school. Marlon has kinda warmed up to him but not too much. Marlon tries to be nice for my sake. We both walked up to Jacob he pulled me closer to him by putting his arm around my waist. He pulled me even closer and kissed me. As we were kissing he licked my bottom lip asking for entrance, right before I granted Marlon cleared his throat. His was getting annoyed. When me and Jacob pulled apart I shot Marlon a look. The bell rang shortly after and me and Marlon have first period together. We walked together and I slapped him in the arm. "Why did you do that!" I asked obviously pissed off. "Sorry I don't like seeing that asshole make out with you. I don't even see why you like him he try's to get in your pants every time he sees you. After he stops going crazy you guys plan to go to a movie or dinner and he always ends up planing something knowing you guys already have plans." Marlon's voice raised a little after he said asshole.

I couldn't find any words to say after that. My mouth just kinda stayed in an 'O' shape as he spoke. I looked at him with a disappointed look on my face and shook my head and ran to first period. Marlon chased after me. He caught up to me and grabbed my wrist but not tightly to where it hurt and turned me around to face him. "Megan look I'm sorry I said that its just... He gets under my skin. I know I might have gone a little too far but... I'm sorry?" He let the last part of the sentence escape more as a question. "I get it your sorry but that was too far. I'm sick of you hating on him you know I love him can't you just keep you hating him to yourself." I said trying to stay calm and not scream at him. We then started to walk to class. "I just don't want him to use you." Marlon said almost whispering.

A/N: I will try and update tomorrow!