Chapter 13

"So what did you need to talk to us about?" My mom took a deep breath then spoke. "My work is giving me a promotion." "Congratulations!" I said and gave her a hug. "You didn't let me finish." After she spoke I replied. "Oh. Sorry." She looked nervous. Then she spoke up again. "To get the promotion I would have to move." My eyes widened and my grip on Marlon's hand got tighter. "Where?!" I said worried I might have to move too. That would mean leaving Marlon. "New York." My mouth dropped. "But that's on the other side of the country mom!" "I know sweetheart. I'm sorry but that's where it is." We live in Arizona. So that's quite a long ways to be away from your boyfriend. "Do I have to go with you?"

"It's your decision hunny." "Well I don't want to stop you from your dreams and I can't leave Marlon!" Tears started falling down my face and I let go of Marlon's hand and ran upstairs. I needed to leave before I upset anyone. I can't leave Marlon and I can't stop my mom from perusing her dreams. I got in my room closed the door and leaned and slid down my door. I buried my face in my hands and knees. I heard a small knock at my door then heard his voice say my name. "Megan..... Can you please open the door babe." I can't. I can't leave you! I can't stop my mom!" "Open the door so I can talk to you." I sat up and opened the door. He came in grabbed my hand and pulled me to my bed. I was then pulled on his lap and I rested my head on his shoulder as he spoke. "You don't have to leave or stop anyone." "How? If my mom leaves I won't have anywhere to live I don't have the money to keep this house." "You can move into my house." "I can't put that kind of burden." " You won't! I love you and so do my parents. Then when we graduate we can find an apartment. We could even get one now if you'd like." "What about my mom? What about this house? It's where I grew up I can't leave it." "She said she was fine with it. She also said your aunt would take the house." "We'll now I feel better about it but... O never mind. Just kiss me!"

He planted a big, sweet, romantic kiss on my lips. I could never leave that. Every time he kisses me it feels like he is the one for me, like nothing can hurt us, we are the only people in the world. We pulled apart and smiled at each other.

A/N: Sorry it's so short. I wanted to update more. So here it is! Please vote!