CHAPTER II - boredom

The next morning I woke up with a slight headache, no wonder where that came from. Sherlock had already left the bed, and I could the shower in the bathroom. I quickly reached for my phone that I had hidden in the top drawer of my bedside table. I opened my photo's and saved the number to my own contactlist. When I opened the chat and placed my fingers on the screen to type, the angel on my shoulder made me debate if this was the right thing to do. Good thing the devil on my other shoulder was louder.

The pool, 9 PM. Don't dissapoint me.

~LM

The shower stopped, and I closed the chat on my phone and laid it down next to me. Not long after, Sherlock came walking out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist and his hair curled up but still drenched. "Morning."

"Morning Sherl."

"Why do you look so grumpy? Do you have a hangover?" One of the corners of his mouth lifted slightly. 

"No."

"Lauraine, you were slurring your words last night, and you sure do have a headache."

"Is it that obvious?"

Sherlock had to try his best not to burst out lauching, and I thought about how miserable I had to look from his point of view. "You wanna go and annoy Lestrade and embarrass Scotland Yard?"

"Hell yes!"

******************************************************

Yesterdaymorning, a body of a man was found. It was the second body they had found under 'questionable conditions' and people were starting to get scared there was a serial killer walking around, so the Scotland Yard held a press conference, with Lestrade as speacher. Terrible choice.

Lestrade sat at the table looking uncomfortable while his colleague sitting beside him, Detective Sergeant Sally Donovan, adressed the gathered press reporters to their seats.

''The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. Preliminary investigations suggest that this was suicide. We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffrey Patterson and James Phillimore. In the light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked. The investigation is ongoing but Detective Inspector Lestrade will take questions now.'' Donovan explained.

"Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?" one of the reporters called out from the crowd.

''Well, they all took the same poison; um, they were all found in places they had no reason to be; none of them had shown any prior indication of ...'' Lestrade explained, but he was cut of mid sentence.

 ''But you can't have serial suicides.''

''Well, apparently you can.'' Lestrade awnsered, clearly confused by his own words. I must say it sounded really stupid.

 ''These three people: there's nothing that links them?'' A second reporter practically screamed out from the crowd.

''There's no link been found yet, but we're looking for it. There has to be one.''

At that moment, everybody's mobile phone trills a text alert simultaneously. As they look at their phones, each message reads:

''Wrong!''

Donovan looked down at the same message on her own phone.

''If you've all got texts, please ignore them.'' She said, annoyed.

''Just says, 'Wrong'.'' One of the reporters remarked.

''Yeah, well, just ignore that. Okay, if there are no more questions for Detective Inspector Lestrade, I'm going to bring this session to an end.'' Donovan said with the same, annoying voice.

''But if they're suicides, what are you investigating?''

''As I say, these ... these suicides are clearly linked. Um, it's an ... it's an unusual situation. We've got our best people investigating ...''