"𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌!" // 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒅𝑹𝒂𝒚

Italics = Speaking

.

.

Sand woke up in the middle of the night to see Ray shivering and sniffling in their bed.

He rested a hand on his arm and shook him gently.

Sand: Love, are you asleep?

When Ray didn't respond Sand assumed that he was and got up to get a blanket from the closet.

He put the blanket over Ray and went to turn the heating up.

When he returned he saw that Ray was now sitting up in their bed, sweating and still shivering.

Ray: Where did you go?

His voice was hoarse and quieter than usual.

Sand: To turn the heater up. You were shivering so I thought you were cold, but now you're sweating.

Sand: Are you okay?

Ray shook his head.

Ray: I'm fine.

Sand: Are you sick?

Ray: I said I'm fine.

Sand gave a small sigh and got back into bed.

He pulled Ray closer to him.

Sand: I love you.

Ray looked at his hands.

Ray: I love you too.

Sand: Go back to sleep. If you need anything then wake me up, okay?

Ray nodded.

Sand knew that he was probably sick, but he never wanted to admit it.

It didn't matter how sick he was, if it was a mere cold to throwing up his stomach acids, he would never admit it.

Sand kissed his shoulder.

Sand: I love you, again.

.

.

The next morning when the two woke up they had discovered that Ray had only gotten worse over night.

He could barely breathe through his nose and his throat felt like it was being ripped out every time he swallowed or talked.

His head was also pounding and he was still sweating and shivering at the same time.

The first hour after they had woken up was spent cuddling silently, Ray occasionally sniffling or coughing followed by Sand asking if he was okay.

Sand: Are you finally going to admit you're sick for once?

Ray: I'm not sick.