Chapter 34: Boundaries

Having frantically searched his locker, Prom raced along the empty corridors of his faculty. He had to check his classroom to see if he had left his notebook behind, or else he couldn't do any assignments this weekend. Gasping for breath, he skidded to a halt at his desk. There it was, lying on the floor! Prom shook his head in annoyance at his carelessness.

"Excuse me", called a feminine voice.

Notebook in hand, Prom looked up. "Yes?"

A pretty girl wearing a red jacket stood at the classroom entrance. "Professor Sivakorn has asked you to collect the corrected assignments from the Electronics lab."

Perplexed, Prom raised his brows. "Are you sure? It's a Friday afternoon and classes have already been dismissed."

The girl rolled her eyes, "That's your problem, Nong. I only came to deliver the Professor's message. Besides as the Class President, isn't it one of your responsibilities?"

"But I am not", trailed off Prom as the senior had already left.

He wasn't the Class President, Night was! But Night had probably gone to submit their assignments in the faculty staffroom. Prom fished out his phone and sent a quick message, prepared to call it a day. A certain thought stopped him in his tracks. What if Night had already left? Wouldn't Night be in trouble if the corrected assignments were left uncollected? He was already in the faculty building; it would be a short detour for him. Letting out a deep breath, Prom hurried to the Electronics lab. He couldn't afford to miss the last bus of the day.

....................................................................

Night opened the door of the Electronics lab. It was unusual for Professor Sivakorn to return corrected assignments on a Friday. Usually, that task was reserved for Monday mornings. Besides, why hadn't he messaged him directly? Prom hardly ever spoke to him, let alone send him messages.

When he heard the door lock behind him, he turned around surprised.

Flora stood against the door, scantily clad in revealing clothes, her face heavily made up. "Hi, future boyfriend", she drawled smugly. Her red lips curled up in a victorious smile.

Wrinkling his nose at the overwhelming smell of her expensive perfume, Night stared daggers at her. "What is the meaning of this? What are you doing here?"

Flora tossed the file she had been holding on the wide lab table. "I came here to submit my Digital Communication Lab report. But what are you doing here?"

"Professor Sivakorn has asked me to collect the corrected assignments", he answered annoyed.

"Really", she smirked. "He asked you to collect assignments from the lab, not the staffroom."

"What do you mean?", asked Night in a faltering voice.

"Are you sure, you weren't waiting here to ambush me", she mocked. "Everyone knows I have to submit the previous semester's lab reports within this week."

The realization of his precarious situation struck Night swiftly. "Why would I want to ambush you?"

She laughed bitterly. "See, that is the reason I can't let you go. The fact that you even asked that question vexes me. Why is it that you don't find me appealing?"

He rubbed a hand over his face, cursing himself at his idiocy. How had he allowed himself to get trapped like this? "P' let me go. I have had enough of your sexual harassment."

A fire lit in her eyes and she stalked over in her high heels. "Maybe a kiss would change your mind?"

He backed away. "Nothing short of an apocalypse could."