{13}

Jayden hung up.

"NO!" Cas shouted. He frantically began dialing 911 as Dean burst into the room to find Cas sitting upright on his bed, tears streaming down his face. His laptop was open in front of him and he was frantically dialing on his phone.

"Cas what's wrong?" Dean asked. Cas looked up, still crying.

"My friend-they got kicked out by their parents...they took too many painkillers."

Dean's eyes widened. This was not good. When the receiver answered Castiel's call, he practically shouted what had happened, along with a name and an address. Dean led Castiel, still crying, to the car, and they drove to Jayden's house. Jayden actually lived surprisingly close to the Winchester home, and it took them only 20 minutes to get there. Cas felt horrible; he should have visited his friend.

When they arrived, the ambulance was already there. Jayden's parents and sister were standing in front of the house, tears streaming down their face, shell shocked at what had happened. When they saw Dean and Cas, they rushed over to them. Jayden's sister looked up wide eyed at Dean. "Oh, you're Dean Winchester!" she said. Seeing the star helped to distract her from what had happened, if only for a second.

Castiel smiled sadly at Jayden's parents. "How is he?"

They glared at Castiel. "Jayden is a female, no matter what SHE may have said."

This made Cas extremely mad. He began to shout profanities at Jayden's parents, who seemed very surprised at this.

"YOU ARE THE REASON THAT HE DID THIS YOU IGNORANT, HORRID EXCUSE FOR PARENTS. YOU BEATING HIM AND SHOUTING AND HIM AND HURTING HER," he pointed at Jayden's sister, "CAUSED ALL OF THIS. YOU AND YOUR HOMOPHOBIC, TRANSPHOBIC LITTLE CRAP BELIEFS ARE WHAT MADE JAYDEN ATTEMPT THIS AND FOR WHAT? SO HE COULD ESCAPE YOU AND YOUR DISOWNERSHIP, SO HE COULD MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED SO YOU WOULDN'T SEND HIS LITTLE SISTER OFF TO SOME CHRISTIAN TORTURE CHAMBER TO "CURE" HER OF SOMETHING THAT MAKES HIS LITTLE SISTER-WHOM HE IS SO CRAZY PROUD OF AND LOVES SO MUCH-A PART OF WHO SHE IS. SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR STUPID, STUPID FACES AND YOU. CAN. GO. DIE! IT WILL BE BETTER THAN JAYDEN BEING DEAD!"

Castiel's face was red with anger and he was towering over the two parents, who were cowering under his glare. Jayden's sister looked so happy and ran over to give Cas and Dean a hug. "Thank you so much that was great!" This caused her parents to glare at her and she wilted under their gaze. Dean beckoned the police over and told them what had happened, and how "these two right here beat that girl over there for no reason, making her attempt this." The police nodded and began to talk to the parents before leading them away.

Jayden's sister smiled at Dean. "Thanks. I don't know where I'll go or with who but I think my life just got better." She suddenly seemed to remember what had happened. "Hopefully. Do you think sh-I mean he's ok?"

Cas smiled at her. He loved that she was attempting to use the right pronouns. "I hope so. I sure hope so."

~~~~~~

They waited in the hospital waiting room. Luckily, Jayden had not take a lot of the painkillers, so there was less of it in his-Cas hoped he could use his now since it really suited Jayden more-system. He had been on the brink of death when the paramedics found him, and they had been doubtful if he would live. But here they were a few hours later and Jayden had nearly stabilized and was doing better.

This caused a lot of relief for Castiel, who was glad that Marissa (Jayden's sister) wouldn't have to live with that.

The next day, they were let in to see Jayden. Cas relayed everything that had happened, with Marissa interjecting from time to time, while Dean stayed silent. Jayden was so happy that his sister was ok, and that his parents would be held accountable.

When a nurse came in and told them that Jayden needed to rest and asked them to leave, they all nodded and stood.

"I'll be visiting tomorrow! See you then!" Marissa exclaimed happily. Cas sighed. "We have to get going. Call me when you get out of this place, yeah?"

Jayden grinned and gave a thumbs up. "Course I will!"

Dean smiled. "It was nice to see you again."

Jayden nodded to him and said thanks again. Cas leaned in and wrapped Jayden in a tight hug. "I love you. Stay safe." Jayden returned the hug. "You too. No homo though." The two laughed. It was an ongoing joke between the two. They had once gone out to the mall and often would hug or hold hands. They then would make sure to assess "no homo" earning them strange looks from others, since Jayden seemed to be a girl to passerby.

As they walked out of the room and into the car, Castiel turned to Dean. "Thank you. So much. It really did mean so much to me."

Dean smiled. Suddenly, he found himself leaning in and kissing Cas lightly. He pulled away quickly and jumped in the car. Cas climbed into the passenger seat and stared straight ahead.

They didn't say anything the entire drive home, both trying to comprehend what had happened. When they got home, Dean practically ran to his room, locking the door. Cas slowly got out of the car and walked into the house. He went to the living room and made himself a cup of coffee. Thinking, he wondered what it meant. Did Dean really like him that way? Maybe he really wasn't straight? Sighing, he went to his bedroom and browsed Tumblr. Jayden was posting again, apologizing for what happened and thanking Dean and Cas many times. He couldn't focus however, and figuring he probably would have trouble sleeping, took a couple sleeping pills to make him drowsy. He then quickly fell asleep.

Dean, however, stayed up quite late, sifting through his thoughts. Why had he done that? Castiel probably hated him now. No, stop, this isn't a drama novel or movie or one of those weird fanfictions Cas read (which were slightly disturbing) and he wasn't going to act like it. He could only hope that Cas would forget about it and move on. They could be friends and never think about that moment ever again until they were old and laughing about it.

And with that, Dean fell asleep.

OOOOOH some Destiel action now!! Prepare for tragedy.