{15}

At exactly 1:16 that morning, the phone rang.

Dean blearily sat up, rubbing his and trying not to wake up Cas, who was still sleeping. What woke me up? He wondered. The phone rang again, and he sighed. Dean hated it when people called this early in the morning. Maybe it was Sam and Gabe, calling to tell them that they were home earlier than planned, or that they would be later than planned.

Dean grabbed the phone off of the bedside table. He didn't recognize the number-it was completely foreign. Probably some business number, trying to buy stuff off him. He let the phone ring.

Two minutes later, it rang again. Same number. Well, it wasn't a salesperson. Glancing over at Castiel, who was still sleeping soundly, he answered the phone. "Hello?" he whispered into the receiver.

"Is this Mr. Dean Winchester?"

"Yes..."

"Sir, may I ask if you know a Castiel Novak?"

"I do."

"Gabriel Novak is here in the hospital. They were in a car wreck, and were traveling together." Dean's stomach lurched and he smacked Cas in an attempt to wake him up. Cas sat up and looked at him curiously.

"Cas. Castiel it's the hospital they said Sam and Gabe were in a car wreck. Gabe's in the hospital!" Castiel's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Um, sir? Sam Winchester was brought here too." Dean started panicking, and Cas had to pry the phone from his hand. Breathing heavily, he said "What are their conditions?" while he put the phone on speaker.

"Gabriel is currently in a coma. He was the one driving, and we are unsure of his state. I'm sorry, but it doesn't look good."

Castiel let out a single sob, before asking "What about Sam?"

The world seemed to break as he heard the lady's voice.

"I'm so sorry sir. He didn't make it here."

Cas froze, turning to look at Dean, who had held his breath at the question. A horrible cry pierced Castiel's heart as Dean, the man he loved so much, felt the pain and grief of losing the one closest to him, and the agony took its toll. Dean didn't cry. Only one tear managed to escape. He didn't scream, he didn't make any noise. He stopped, seemingly frozen, as his life crumbled. Cas was sure he could hear Dean's heart shatter into a million small slivers, bursting through his chest and hurting them both.

He watched in horror as the Dean he knew and loved died, right before him, replaced by a dark, twisted, demonic form, as Dean hung up on the hospital, turning to face Cas.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Dean I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I'm so sorry." Castiel knew that it was a useless thing to say, that an "I'm sorry" wouldn't bring the dead back. He knew it wouldn't heal the gaping hole in Dean's heart, or the pain in his soul.

He went to hug Dean, to try to comfort him, but Dean pushed him away. "No."

"Dean?" Cas breathed out.

"Don't you see? My brother is DEAD! And do you want to know who's fault it is? You. You and your stupid brother! If you hadn't come, Sam wouldn't have-have fallen in love! He wouldn't have gone off on some date with YOUR brother, and been KILLED on his way back. And you. I wouldn't have fallen in love I wouldn't have gotten together with you which is what MADE them come back early and maybe if they hadn't come back early, then Sam would be HERE on this planet ALIVE and WELL and I-I WOULDN'T BE THE ONE KILLED INSIDE BY THE MAN I THOUGHT I LOVED!"

Dean had finally broken.

Cas was shocked. Dean's logic didn't make sense.

And yet it did. And that last sentence...the man he thought he loved. Did Dean really blame this on him? Well he couldn't really blame it on a man close to death, so maybe Cas was the next best thing.

Silently, Cas threw some clothes in a large backpack. He added some money and other essentials before grabbing his laptop and phone. Slinging the backpack on his back, he turned to Dean who was watching him stonily.

"Well then. I guess I'll be leaving Dean. I had fun these past few months. Sorry for your loss. If you need me, don't call."

And with that, Castiel Novak walked out the door.

AHAHAHAHA EMOTIONAL TRAUMA ARE YOU GUYS READY? THIS ISNT THE END!! IVE BEEN GETTING LESS VIEWS ON THIS LATELY SO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS PLEASE ALSO SHOUTOUT TO HetalianBelgianFox THEY DONT EVEN READ THIS COZ THEYRE HETALIA BUT THEY FAB YE