Part 2

"What have you done with your t-shirt?" asked Alva, staring at the stain

"What have you done with your t-shirt?" asked Alva, staring at the stain. "I collided with a girl at the café," I said, glancing down at the brown spot on my chest.

"Why didn't you go home and change? Are you going to look like that all day?"

"Yeah, do I have any choice? I wouldn't have made it here if I had gone home in between. Besides, I don't think anyone cares." I said, putting my arm on her backrest. I turned my gaze forward but glanced at Billie in front of me. She was beautiful, with a perfectly shaped body and blue eyes I could drown in.

'Stop looking at her like you were Joe Goldberg! You have Alva, and you love her.'

"So many girls there are here," Alva said, and I let my eyes wander over the room. Alva was right; more girls would start with theater than boys. Luckily for me, Alva wasn't the jealous type, but I've never given her a reason to be jealous. We've been together for two years and have started planning to move in together, but we've said we don't need to rush. She sleeps at my place four days a week and three at her parents' house.

"God, what a good-looking guy," she said to get my attention. I turned my gaze to her, and she grabbed my chin. "Kiss me, naughty boy." Of course, I cupped her cheek and kissed her.

She sat back contentedly and watched the teacher begin to introduce herself along with another male teacher who came up on stage. Everyone got to introduce themselves, and I paid attention when it was Billie's turn. She was the only one who didn't speak Swedish, and I couldn't understand why she applied to the theater group if she didn't know the language.

"Why apply to a group that only speaks Swedish when she can't speak Swedish?" said Alva as if she could read my thoughts. "She might have thought the group was in English," I replied, gazing at Alva. I didn't want to make it too obvious that I admired Billie's beauty.

The teachers asked us to form eight groups with four in each. "Should we ask her if she wants to be with us?" asked Alva. "I feel sorry for her. No one might want her in their group," she added, looking at me.

'Shit, ′ I thought right away.

"To me, it doesn't matter," I said, but truthfully, I was glad Alva wanted Billie with us.

"Excuse me, Billie?" Alva leans over my legs and grabs the backrest of Billie's chair. "Yes?" replied Billie shortly, throwing a glance at me. "If you want, you can be with me and William."

I studied her face in profile while she looked at Alva. She was something out of the ordinary, and although I tried to tear my gaze away from her, I didn't have the control to keep it away.

"Yeah, fine with me," she replied with a smile at Alva. But when she looked at me, a more playful look appeared. Or that's what I wished it would be.

"Can I join this group?" a sweet brown-haired person asked. "Of course! I'm Alva; this is my boyfriend, William and Billie. She only speaks English, so that you know." said Alva to the brown-haired person. "Aha! My name is Julia. Where are you from?" she asked Billie. "From Australia. I moved here three months ago."

'Great. Lonely guy with three chatty girls, can't get any better.'

We were given a piece of lined paper, and we would rehearse for two hours before each group would go up on stage. It was written in Swedish, and I could feel sorry for Billie, who would read lines she didn't even understand. We went outside and sat down at the table.

Alva and Julia started discussing which one of us would have which role while I glanced at Billie. Her red hair shone in the sun, and the stain on the tank top made me chuckle.

"I hope it wasn't your favorite tank top," I said, and she turned her gaze to me. "No, but that was my only tank top," she said.

My lousy joke suddenly became less funny, and I found no words to apologize. I probably looked stupid as I scratched my beard on my cheek and pulled my eyebrows together. She began to laugh softly, shaking her head slightly. "I'm joking. I own more tank tops than one," she said, and I gave out a silly laugh.

"I knew that," I said, feeling even more stupid.

'Be quiet, you idiot.'

"Billie, we thought you could play Gloria Capulet. Then you only have short lines. Is that okay?" asked Alva. "Yes, absolutely," replied Billie. "Honey, you get to be Romeo," said Alva, pinching my cheek.

"Sure, works for me," I replied, removing her hand from my face. "I play Julia, and Julia plays Tybalt."

We began to read our lines quietly, but I saw Billie sitting and watching the rest of us. "Alva, she doesn't understand how to read Swedish," I said, looking at Alva inquiringly. "Right, I forgot about that. Okay, so we'll read it aloud to her?"

For almost two hours, we sat and read to her and explained what it said on the paper. This was going to be more complicated than I thought, but at the same time, it made it more interesting somehow.

"Why aren't you two coming for a glass of wine tonight? That would be fun," said Alva, looking at Julia and Billie. "It's just Wednesday," said Billie, laughing briefly. "In Sweden, Wednesday is the same as Saturday. Which means it's okay to drink," said Alva.

There was no point in arguing against her; I used to let Alva have her way. But to my surprise, both Billie and Julia accepted the invitation, and the thought occurred to me whether or not I had cleaned at home.

 But to my surprise, both Billie and Julia accepted the invitation, and the thought occurred to me whether or not I had cleaned at home