Part 13

"Okay, we'll leave the guests in the kitchen and go bang each other in the bedroom," said Dennis sarcastically as we sat down at the nicely set dining table

"Okay, we'll leave the guests in the kitchen and go bang each other in the bedroom," said Dennis sarcastically as we sat down at the nicely set dining table. "Stop," I said quietly, looking at the food. "What kind of food is this?" I asked. "Tacos," he replied. "With banana and Chicken?" I've eaten tacos many times, but with chicken and banana was something new to me.

Alva came into the kitchen and smiled strained. "Sorry, William isn't feeling well," she said, sitting down at the table. "Do you want us to leave?" I asked and she shook her head slightly. "God no, please stay. We can start eating without him."

Dennis and I shared a glance at each other, and I think we both noticed they had been arguing. It became so embarrassingly quiet at the table that I kicked Dennis on the leg for him to say something.

"Your hair looks so healthy, what shampoo do you use?" asked Dennis, shrugging at me as our gazes met. "Uhm, Schwarzkopf Gliss repair," replied Alva, chuckling softly.

Was he serious? Shampoo? I just wanted to sink through the floor, but then William came into the kitchen and headed for the fridge. "Hey. You must be Billie's friend," he said, taking out a beer. "Yes, I'm Dennis and you must be William."

I saw right away at Dennis' expression that he understood what I meant by William being the most good-looking guy I'd seen. His duck lips appeared as he scanned William from head to toe and I kicked him again on the leg. He sat down across from me, and it felt as if he was trying to avoid my gaze. I saw him staring blankly in front of him from time to time, and it was obvious that he was bothered about something.

"Jag trodde vi sa ingen alkohol ikväll?"

("I thought we said no alcohol tonight?")

Alva said something in Swedish to William, but the only word I could understand was alcohol. William snorted at her and took a sip of the beer.

"Jag blev törstig."

("I got thirsty.")

"What do you pay in rent for this apartment?" asked Dennis, looking at William. Suddenly they started to speak Swedish, so I focused on the food and could see that William was glancing at me. It was the first time tonight he looked in my direction.

I tried to pretend I wasn't touched by it and took a sip of the Coke, but my self-control around William wasn't the strongest. Just one look and I can feel my heartbeat. One more look and he swept me on my feet. I glanced back and our gazes met. I watched as he took a sip of beer and moistened his lower lip. He turned his gaze to Dennis for a moment, but then back to me. I took a cucumber in my mouth and chewed while smiling softly at him.

'That's flirting.'

A discreet smile appeared on his lips, but then his gaze disappeared towards Alva. William excused himself and left the table. For thirty minutes she looked towards the doorway and the clock on the wall after William had left. It was obvious she wanted us to leave, but she was too polite to ask us to leave. So, I lied and said I needed to call my family in Australia before it got too late, and I saw the relief on her face.

After we thanked her for dinner and left, we started walking towards my apartment. "Oh my God girl, that was so awkward. Especially when that guy is up over his ears into you in front of his girlfriend," said Dennis, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Do you have to exaggerate? You saw that he kept his eyes on her and not on me. I can tell he loves her and I'm happy for them," I said, feeling sorry for myself.

"Weren't you the one who was sure that he felt just as strong attraction to you, and you were so sure that he felt the connection between the two of you?

"I was wrong, and I've decided to stop thinking about him like that and accept that he's taken," I said, hearing Dennis laugh. "Did you decide to stop thinking about him just now or after you had masturbated last night?" I gave him a light nudge and rolled my eyes. "I didn't say I'm going to stop fantasizing about him, just stop thinking about him."

"Is that supposed to be a difference?" I rolled my eyes again at him. "Yes, you think of the person when you like the person, but when you fantasize about the person, it's out of sexual need," I said but heard how stupid my explanation was or should I call it an excuse to get to satisfy myself to his face?

"Okay whatever girl, but that guy is into you. I'm just saying." I looked at Dennis walking amusedly beside me. "So, what should I do?" I asked, watching him shake his head. "Nothing, stop thinking about him. Wasn't that what you just said?"

At this moment, I was glad Dennis was about to turn right towards his apartment. I didn't know if he was teasing me or if he thought William was into me, but it didn't matter. Not really.

I would only get six months with him anyway and it would just be stupid if he ruined his relationship for a summer fling. I have to back away from them completely, change the theater group, and block William on the phone. The three of us will not be able to be what we were before the threesome.

What I was most disappointed about was that I had never felt this way about anyone before I met him, and yet it ended far too quickly.