Part 28 FINALE

I didn't want to let go of her hand

I didn't want to let go of her hand. I didn't want to see her disappear out of sight and not know when I would see her again.

I walked towards the large windows to see the plane that would bring her back home to Australia. I tried to blink away the tears in my eyes and lowered my gaze, where I caught sight of a stain from her makeup on my sweater.

I laughed briefly as it reminded me of the first time I met her and her big blue eyes looking at me horrified.

I put my hand on the window and looked out into the rain. Suddenly, I heard Alva's voice, and I was unsure if I heard it or if I was imagining.

"William!" I heard again and turned my head to the side, where I caught sight of Alva and Dennis running towards me.

"What are you guys doing here? You just missed her; she's already on the plane," I said, and Alva threw herself around my neck. I put my arms around her and looked at Dennis questioningly. "What's going on? I'm not going anywhere," I said, feeling Alva hold me tighter.

"Be happy, William, you deserve it," she whispered in my ear before kissing me. I didn't understand anything and looked at them confusedly.

Dennis stepped towards me and picked up a ticket from his jacket pocket. "Here, hurry up and go!" he said, handing me the ticket. I scratched my forehead even more confused and looked at the ticket with my name on it. "What is this? I can't afford to pay this," I said, looking at Dennis again.

"You'll pay me back at some point," he replied. "Don't just stand there. What are you waiting for?" he added.

"I don't have any clothes with me, and I can't accept this," I said, extending the ticket to him.

"Do not ruin this romantic moment for me. Now, go get the girl!" he said firmly, waving his hands.

"I've already taken care of your suitcase. Why do you think I needed to borrow your apartment?" said Alva with tears in her eyes. "Now go, William, she's waiting for you."

I handed Dennis the key to the apartment and smiled at them before running towards the gate. I showed my passport and ticket; and then I ran towards the plane.

Slowly, I look around to find her and see her further down. She sits alone by the window and cries, which makes me sad as this is how I would have left her.

I sat down on the seat next to her without saying anything. She hasn't looked towards me yet but keeps her gaze on the window. She sobs, and I watch tear after tear run down her cheek. "Can I get my bracelet back?"

Slowly, she turned her gaze to me, bursting even worse into tears when she saw me beside her. "What are you doing here?" She says heartbreakingly, throwing herself around my neck.

"Someone said I should get the girl, so here I am, getting the girl." I wrapped my arms around her and held her close towards me. There weren't words for how much I appreciated Alva and Dennis for what they had done for me.

"So, you're coming with me to Australia?" she asked with big questioning eyes. I picked up the ticket from my pocket and looked at it. "According to the ticket, I will be with you in Australia for three months. So, I hope you don't have any other plans shortly."

Her face lit up with happiness; it was so noticeable, and the kiss she gave me confirmed it. What will happen after these three months? I don't know yet. Hopefully, we would be able to find a solution before my time was over and I needed to go back to Sweden, but right now, I only wanted to think about one thing, and that was to kiss her.

An hour had passed, and Billie was sleeping against my shoulder. Occasionally, I kissed her on the forehead and held her hand tightly. I was also tired but couldn't sleep yet. I was afraid this was a dream and I would wake up on a chair at the airport. Silly, I know, but I'd rather be sure it wasn't a dream.

As I sat there, I thought that I had no money with me. I didn't know what I had in my suitcase, and my family had no idea I had left Sweden.

"Are you still awake?" I heard Billie ask, and I glanced down at her. "Yeah, I couldn't sleep."

"Why?" She sat up to look at me. "Afraid to wake up without you," I said, pulling a strand of hair from her face.

She pinched my arm. "Ouch, why did you do that?" I asked, and she laughed. "Are you dreaming?"

I snorted at her and grabbed her by the neck. "No, and you'll regret that I wasn't dreaming." I kissed her and felt her fill my veins with the poison that I was so addicted to. I glanced towards the restroom and whispered to her lips.

"Do you want to join the mile-high club?" She pulled away from me and gave me a playful smile. "I thought you'd never ask."