Stupid Car

Artist Unknown 

First person—Grian

"You've got to be kidding me why is my car down, the day I'm running late." I groan out loud in the driver seat and grab my phone, texting Doc that it broke down again and that I'm running late. "I can't fix it till later this afternoon, try and catch a bus or call up another friend, sorry G." Doc replies fairly quickly but of course it adds something irritating to my day. 

He said call a friend, I can try that I guess. Scrolling through my contacts I realize that most of the time are already at work or in a different town, which is just great for me. "Having some car troubles there?" That voice- looking to the sidewalk besides where I parked there stands Hotguy with a smug smile.

"I can get you where you need to get going with my wings Lickey-split!" He says with a bright smile showing off the elytra wings I technically got for him. "I guess that works, I work at the redstone cafe." I say and grab my bag with my apron in it.

He smiles and nods with his arms open. What am I doing, he's going to freaking kill me. I sigh and let him grab onto me through a hug as he soars up into the sky. 

It is definitely scarier when your driver is Hotguy of all people, I'm the better one at flying and not running into things. "Here you go! One sky-Uber arrival to the redstone cafe, free of charge!" He says landing in front of the cafe, "Thank you, I can make you a drink if you want as a way of payment. My treat." I say as he follows me into the cafe where Mumbo is looking both upset I'm late but also in awe from the hero behind me.

"Oh that'd be great, thank you!" I forget sometimes that Hotguy is a hero and not just the random guy I befriended one day while doing my own hero things. "What do you want?" I ask getting behind the counter throwing the apron over me.

He looks at the board for a split second than back to me, "A caramel frappe with extra whipped cream please." He says with a  smile. That order, that's the same one the guy who was bleeding ordered wasn't it? Huh, didn't know it was very popular. I nod and get to work on making the drink as Mumbo approaches me, "Why did the hotguy drop you off?" He asks me in a whispered tone.

"Oh, my car broke down and he offered to take me to work." I reply as he looks at me surprised. "You need a new car Grian." He says in an upset tone, "I know, I know." I say rolling my eyes. As i finished the drink I turned around to see Hotguy admiring the cake pops in the window, maybe for patrol I'll bring him some sweets since he seems to definitely have a sweet tooth. 

I smile seeing the goofy side of the hero and call his name for the drink, "Here you go, no charge." I say with as smile. He looks down at the drink, then me, then the tip jar before putting a $10 inside of the jar and leaving the cafe completely silent.

"The drink is only 6 dollars dude." I mumble already knowing that he's gone but with the light bit of shock still affecting me. Mumbo sighs and walks off to leave me to run my shift by myself now till later when he has to join to close up because I leave before closing for hero patrol but of course as far as he knows it's for my second part time job. And not only hero work with the same goofy hero who brought me in.

Word count: 640