Sweet Tooth

Artist Unknown

First Person—Hotguy

Practicing in our archery range for hours till Cuteguy finally got here! "There you are!!" I exclaim and put down my bow on the table, running towards him. "Woah woah! Watch it!! I got us some drinks and snacks before we go out." He says and holds a bag and a drink tray, "Awesome!" He walks to the same table where my bow is and unpacks the snacks.

"So I heard you were at the redstone cafe and I was passing by while they closed so I grabbed a few of their sweets for you along with actual food since I assume you forget to eat lunch and or breakfast today." He says with slight disappointment at the end but I know he's just joking around but I did in fact forget to eat. 

I chuckle, "Actually forgot both—" "Real food first then." He says and hands me the sandwich. "Sweets after." He finishes and puts the sweeter food back into the bag. "Okay daddd." I joke and unwrap the sandwich. 

He scoffs and rolls his eyes at my dad joke, "But I also forgot to eat lunch so I've also got some food." He says pulling out a grilled cheese for himself. "You've got a big sweet tooth don't you?" He asks noticing me still eyeing the bag.

"Guilty to that, what about you?" I ask as we both eat our food, "Not a big one but I appreciate them sometimes." He says and points to the drinks of his being an iced tea and the one next to it being my normal order! How'd he know that? 

I chuckle noticing the order, trying to not give away that it's weird. "How'd you know my everyday—or at least weekly order?" I ask, "Picked the sweetest thing I saw on the menu and figured you'd like it." He says and smiles up at me. I nod, that makes the most sense.

"You know, i think we should come up with nicknames for us. For like when it's just us and we're not in the public eye." I say and see him jump for a second. "Like that?" He asks looking at me like I said something super surprising but it seems like a fair enough idea to me. 

Letting myself think for a second, "Maybe the first letter of our real identities or something like that, one letter can't give it away." I say with a smile. "I guess that is true, fine you go first." He says while grabbing the sweet bag noticing that I did finish my sandwich.

"My name starts with an S, so you can just call me S and you?" He chuckles, "Call me G, you wouldn't be the only person who calls me that for short." He says with a smile.

I nod, "Nice to meet you G!" He chuckles. "Still sounds weird hearing it from you though." He responds, "But right back at you S." Oh wow, he wasn't kidding. I get what he meant now by weird. That does feel odd to hear from him after hearing just Hotguy.

"I understand what you mean now- that is really weird to hear from someone else—or at least you—for the first time." I say and he laughs nodding. 

Word count: 540