EPILOGUE

•••

You were looking down from the rooftop of an abandoned building in Seoul. Sitting at the edge of it, just lay down a little and you will fall.

"It would be nice if I can wear uniform again..." You told yourself while watching some high school students walking and clinging to each other happily.

You didn't get to finish middle school since you run away. Leaving your mom and your problems behind.

The sound of a door opening distracted you and there you saw Mikey, pointing his gun on your direction.

"You won't even greet me happy birthday?" You get off from the edge and faced him. "Shoot me now, Mikey. That's what you came for, yeah?"

"Let's talk first... is this because of what Solana told you?" He asked, holding his gun tightly.

"You won't shoot me?" You stood up on the edge and stumble a little. "Oh... I almost fell." You laughed and glanced downwards. "Looking down from here, it's too high. For the first time in my life, I am admitting to myself that I am afraid to die even if I wanted too." Tears starts to fall from your eyes as you turned yourself to look at Mikey.

"Get off from that edge! Let's talk first, it's driving me crazy thinking what did Solana told you." Mikey shouted.

"You don't have to know, I already forgive you." You took a deep breath and wipe your tears. "You'll follow me after I jump, right?"

Letting yourself fall, Mikey run to pull your shirt and throw you to the ground. You whimper in pain and he gets on top of you pointing the gun on your head.

"I said let's talk first!" He clenched his teeth, he's about to cry looking at your empty eyes.

"Are you that curious?" You smiled at him, holding his cheek like he's someone you love the most. Well, he really is. "Miss Solana said, you were taking girls from her and bring them back the next day... thinking about it... made me lose my mind and sell myself to be fucked by Taiju."

"That fucker Solana." Mikey cursed. "She knows that I use those girls for negotiations, not for my own lust. I never slept with anyone but you since I met you..." He leaned down and hug your head. "I admit, at first you were just my favorite slut but..." He cried, you can hear his low volume sobbing from your ears. "Knowing about your story, it made me want to protect you. Do what you want to vent out your anger towards the world who's unfair for a 14 year old kid... it's just that the other members are really against you so I have to pretend that I am punishing you... I really hate it when they touched and fucked you in front of me." He sniffed. "I am really sorry, Y/N." He let go of your head and looked into your eyes. "It's my fault that you've become like this. You killed Bonten members because of me... I turned you into an evil by always helping you to clean up your mess."

You pushed him and he just let you get off from him. "You won't really kill me anyway, why did you come here?" You asked while wiping dirt on your shirt.

"I came here with the intention of killing you... but I guess I can't... let's just run away together, Y/N." He hold your hand. "I keep on asking myself. What if I didn't let you worked with us? What if I become contented with the time I can spend with you at home than making you work with me just to have more time together? What if... I didn't let your hands dirty by killing everyone?" He said those words while staring blankly on the floor. "It is all my fault, let me take responsibility for ruining your life."

"Mikey, those what ifs are pointless... the more you think about it, the more you'll have more regrets. What if I do this, what if I do that. That's just an excuse to justify our guilt whenever we did something wrong." You told him and stood up.