3) Good Reasons

Y/N and Aris had been in the same spot for what felt like days. A few children had been added to the train to hell which meant there were more quiet sobs. Neither of them so much as shed a tear. Being among the older children meant they knew tears were wasted water. No matter how much Aris wished to he refused to do so. Y/N just didn't want to. She would ignore the hurt until it became her downfall.

Watching the sun set meant the glass was ice cold. Finally, they moved their faces from it and turned so only their shoulders were against it. Now only able to see the outline of the other, something about not having to put his face to his voice compelled her to speak.

"I think you're going to be able to believe in something more than people one day. I hope you can."

"Thank you. I hope you can find anything to believe in,"He whispered.

"I think you're good,"She confessed, answering the question asked earlier.

"What's your name?"He asked.

"I don't want to know names. It makes leaving harder,"She uttered.

"Can I just know yours? I don't have to tell you mine,"He offered. After all, they were the opposite of each other. Aris wanted someone that was real and had a soul. Y/N wanted the entire world to disappear.

"It's Y/N,"She whispered.

"That's a nice name,"He told her.

"You're a nice person,"She complimented back.

"I try,"He shrugged.

"I don't think you would even have to. Just don't lose your spark. The world needs people like you."

"It needs more than that,"He pointed out.

"Yeah, but you're probably a start."

"I think it needs people like you too,"He whispered, daring to move even closer to her as kids beside them were dozing off. They were wide awake though. Awake, hungry, and cold enough for it to run to their bones.

"I don't want it to need me. I'm barely getting by already,"She admitted, moving closer as well. By now they were directly next to each other. With every bump of the train their knees slightly touched. It was barely noticeable, but it was enough for the two to realize just how gut-wrenching their situation was, and nobody could change it. Now their fates were no longer in their hands.

"We're probably going to get there soon,"He pointed out.

"Yeah. Wherever that is,"She nodded.

"Do you think we'll ever see each other again?"

In Y/N's mind there were a thousand responses. She could admit that she desperately hoped so or promise that she would try. She could lie about not caring about what the future may bring and if it would involve him. She could shrug to avoid giving a real answer.

"Maybe,"She mumbled, not saying anything that was truly on her mind. Aris knew that but thought better then to mention it.

"I think I'm going to see you again one day,"He whispered.

"Why?"She wondered.

"I don't know. I just have a feeling we're going to meet again,"He explained. In his heart he was completely sure Y/N would play a part in his life but also knew she wouldn't want to hear anything that suggested they got attached to each other. Because even if they've only known each other for a day, they were brought together by a tragedy. Despite being so different they understood each other more than two people ever could.

"Yeah. That'd be nice,"She absentmindedly confessed.

What they didn't know was that Aris was right. They were practically destined to meet again. Only it wouldn't be as nice as they said it would be.