Chapter 27

:May 7th 2005:

(It was early morning and the guys were on the way to Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa for Taylor's Nissen Fundoplication, Isaac was driving, Zac was reading a book, and Taylor was watching out the windows looking at everything) Are you nervous Tay?? (Zac asked looking in the mirror back at Taylor who was bouncing his leg up and down as he continued to stare out the window) A little bit. (Taylor said fidgeting with the seat buckle as Isaac turned around to him) Don't unbuckle please Tay. It'll be fine I promise Zac and I will be there the whole time. (Isaac reassured as Taylor just stimmed with his fingers and sat back against the seat bouncing his leg again as Isaac just pat his knee. They pulled into the hospital parking lot and walked in getting everyone signed in and situated as Taylor just itched his neck to the point where it was getting red causing Isaac to hold his hand as they waited and were eventually brought the the pre operative room) Alright welcome Taylor I'm Dr. Brown I am one of a few doctors working with ya today. I will be making sure you're comfortable before and after surgery and during your small stay here. (Dr. Brown said shaking hands with Isaac and Zac as Taylor just waved and stared at the wall) He a little nervous or something? That'll be important to know before we get started. (The doctor asked Zac and Isaac as he grabbed Taylor hospital clothes and socks setting them down on the bed) Yea Taylor is autistic and he has social anxiety. He had to fast so he wasn't able to take his medications this morning we brought them in his bag but he's nervous about surgery. (Zac said as Dr. Brown nodded and went to relay the information to the other doctors and nurses working with Taylor as Isaac and Zac helped Taylor change into the hospital stuff folding his other clothes and putting them in his bag, then helped him lay down and settle in and Isaac comforted him as he started getting upset a bit over everything like the lights, sounds, and his nerves. Dr. Brown then came back in with one of the nurses Sadie who helped him calm down and explained the mask and everything that they were gonna use even letting him see the stuff and explained how the stuff worked) Are we feeling better now? (Sadie asked Taylor who nodded and wiped his eyes looking off at the wall as they got the gas mask ready with a scent and and put it on him and within a few seconds he was slowly falling asleep and they took him out for surgery) Hi mom and dad. (Zac said as they walked into the recovery room where Zac and Isaac were waiting for Taylor's surgery to finish up he had been gone for 2 hours and they said he would be done in about 45 minutes) Hi we would have been here sooner but I wanted to stop and get him a few things, so we stopped at the store. (Diana said setting the bag down on the table and sitting down next to Zac on the couch as Sadie came in putting medical sheets in a folder and handing it to Walker who thanked her and sat down with Zac and Diana as Sadie nodded and headed out. About 40 minutes later Sadie and Dr. Brown came back as the other doctors brought Taylor back in pushing the hospital bed against the wall and putting him on an IV with morphine, explained a few things, and shut the door leaving the family with Taylor who was still sleeping) Taylor?? You awake buddy? (Walker said pulling a chair up to the bed as Isaac sat in Walker's spot on the couch and sat down rubbing Taylor's arm as Taylor stirred and opened his eyes looking at Walker and everyone and smiled) I think I'm awake I feel like my head is a dumbbell and my stomach feels like I got kicked a bunch of times. (Taylor explained as Diana came over and rubbed Tay's head helping him sit up enough to take his meds with the water the nurse brought him and then he laid back down as Walker and Diana gave him the gifts they got him one which included a giant stuffed dinosaur which he laid next to him and buried his head in falling back asleep) Well isn't that adorable haha.

 (Taylor explained as Diana came over and rubbed Tay's head helping him sit up enough to take his meds with the water the nurse brought him and then he laid back down as Walker and Diana gave him the gifts they got him one which included a giant s...

(Zac said as they smiled at Taylor. About 2 hours later Diana, Walker, and Isaac left as Zac laid back on the couch and Taylor was still passed out with his dinosaur. Another half an hour later Taylor woke up and scooched up so he could lay back against the pillows and grabbed his dinosaur moving it into his lap. Then grabbed his laptop that was charging by his feet and opened his table setting it down and looking over at Zac who was asleep on the couch) Everything good in here Taylor?? (Sadie asked smiling at Taylor and helping him adjust the table and bed) Yea I'm good just woke up and I see someone else decided to nap. I assume my parents and Isaac decided to go home? (Taylor said laughing and looking over to Zac still sleeping as Sadie just laughed too) Well yea it was getting kinda late in the afternoon speaking of which would you like some food considering I'm pretty sure you didn't eat all day. (Sadie asked and Taylor nodded leaning back onto his pillows as Sadie smiled and left for the cafeteria as a couple doctors came in to change Taylor's IV. About 10 minutes later Sadie brought Taylor some mac n cheese, mashed potatoes and a yogurt setting them down on the table as he moved his laptop off and gave him some apple juice and set some food near the couch on a table near Zac for him as he sat up on the couch and looked at Taylor who tried to hold back from laughing at him. Sadie then said goodbye and left them to eat) What are you giggling at Taylor? (Zac asked smiling as he took a bit of mashed potatoes and looked at his brother who sipped his juice) Nothing just seeing you sleeping was funny I think it's the anesthesia and morphine I think I'm going crazy haha. (Taylor joked and they laughed and ate their food then they rested and watched the TV till Zac said goodbye for the night and left Taylor who laid back and continued watching the TV till he fell back asleep and Sadie came in taking the dishes and cups, closing the table, setting his computer aside, and shutting the light off leaving him to sleep)

:May 11th 2005:

(It was Tuesday morning and Diana and Alex went to pick up Taylor from the hospital who got brought out on a wheelchair but stood up outside the hospital doors and slowly walked to the car with the help of Alex who nodded at the doctor who smiled and went back in with the wheelchair) Ya know they wheel you to the car right Tay? (Alex asked as he helped Taylor sit down in the car and put his stuff in the trunk) Yea but I was pretty much in bed for 3 days straight I wanna move around. (Taylor said putting his seatbelt on as Diana smiled and Alex just rolled his eyes. Diana drove the two of them home to their apartment and headed back to the house) How's Taylor? (Kate asked as Diana walked into the house and sat down on the couch) He'll be fine he's just his usual Taylor self complaining about rest and wanting to move around. (Diana said sarcastically as Kate and Zac just laughed) Yea that sounds like Taylor haha full of complaints.

AN: Not much to this chapter but wanted to get something out to all of you. I know Taylor had this surgery IRL but probably not the right date. Feel free to comment chapter ideas you'd want to see. And if y'all are wondering Childhood Days and Life With The Hansons are in the same lifetime or whatever like this story is the continuation of Childhood Days when that story ends.