9

I know that I am not perfect

I hide too much; I don't show my emotions openly to the world.
But don't you see? It's because I've been hurt so much that I shut down.

I hate physical touch.
All it does is bring back bad memories, which I try to forget so hard.

People don't shut down just because they feel like it; it's because they know that if they open up even one more time, they won't be able to survive the next blow of pain and sadness.

We stop talking as much, we stop laughing as much, and we just start pretending that we are all fine when we are in the most shitty places of our lives.

That's just the way this world works. You either pretend you are fine or you get stamped upon. Survive alone or die depending on others.

I don't want to find love; I don't believe in it. I am happy that I can feel a glimpse of that happiness through books, and that is enough for me.

I could never put myself in such a vulnerable position and expect the other person to take care of me.

People hurt you. They always have and always will. Expect nothing, and you'll always be satisfied with your life.

If being happy means that I have to kill my inner child, then so be it.
They say I'm too mature for my age, but what they don't realize is that the world forced me to be this way.

It was either this or I wouldn't be alive today. Hide your emotions; it's easier this way for me. The more you let other people see you cry, laugh, and feel emotions around them, the more you give that power to them.

So don't be the silent person. a private person who knows what he or she wants but doesn't let the world know what they are going through.

You came into this world alone, and you will die alone. So don't depend on others for anything.

———————
Thank you so much for reading :)