18

I still remember the night when I told you some of my darkest moments

You understood, didn't you?
It sure felt like you did.
You told me it would all be
well soon.
Yet, here I am, writing yet again
about another tragic loss.

It's worse, you know?
When the person who was supposed to stand by your side forever suddenly turns into someone you no longer recognise.

One by one, every single soul left.
Now, I am trapped all alone in this place, with no one to hold me.

With only my thoughts haunting me, the world around me still keeps on revolving the same way.

The nights are even more painful because I remember it all clearly. I remember the way you told me that you would always protect me, no matter what.

But, where are you?
Why am I the one who's suffering, even though I did my best?

I am slowly losing interest in everything again. I don't want to fall down this hole, but is there any other way out?

The days are sorrowful, and
the nights are lonely.

Your memory is stuck in my head like a loop, which I can't stop thinking about.

All I want is to go back to that moment.
When you told me that I was the most important element in your life.
When you said that I was the only person who could ever make you feel that way.

We lost it, didn't we?
With all the expectations and pressure on us, we were never meant to last, but I still think about what could've been if you hadn't stabbed me in the back and left me to die alone out in the cold.

All my worst fears came true, one after the other. You were the reason for half of them.

I look into your eyes, and I still see the same person, but now you're just a stranger who broke my heart again and again until there was nothing more for me to lose.

——————
Thank you so much for reading...🙂❤️‍🩹