Chapter 24;Agreement

Augusta's P.O.V

"Wren?So why are you here?Hindi mo ba alam na delikado dito?" Tanong 'ko.

Mas lumawak ang ngiti niya."Alam 'ko.I'm aware of that.Pero may itatanong lang ako."

"Ano?"

"Ikaw si Augusta Walker,hindi ba?'Yung sa experiment?"

Lumunok ako.Bakit niya alam?At bakit hindi pa siya tumatakbo papalabas dahil sa alam niya?

"Hindi." I lied."Ano ka ba?Ang tagal na nun,hindi ba?Don't you think she's dead by now?"

Tumawa siya."Listen to you.She's a vampire.You're a vampire.And you're immortal."

"How did you know that I'm a vampire?Whereas I'm not."

"You're eyes.Bloody red.Just like what you drink.They say,you are what you eat.And that reflects your eyes."

Nakatayo lang ako,awestrucked.Tumalikod na ulit siya at nagpulot ng mga bubog.Nang lahat ng bubog ay nasa table na ay tumayo ulit siya at hinarap ako.

"I have to ask that,I'm sorry if it's too sudden.But you should be frank.Stop conceding." He said.

"Conceding?You think I'm hiding the truth?I'm not Augusta Walker!I'm an ordinary person who wears red contacts!" I lied again.What?I like lying.

He shook his head."I know who you are.And my guess is that you can sense I'm human.Well,don't be so sure of that.Let me tell you what you should be sure of,your secret is safe with me."

I became confused."Safe with you?Who are you and why are you trespassing in the vampire's territory?!"

"I'm not trespassing.This is also our territory.Even now,our territory and the vampire's have never been segregated."

I narrowed my eyes at him."What are you?A human?But I can sense something more."

He smiled."That is none of your concern."

"It is,now that you know who and what I am."

He grinned."So you are Augusta Walker.Now that I'm sure of that,I'll make you a deal.But no one but you and me should know something about it.Understand?"

"I understand.But no.Ano'ng panglaban mo sa'kin?Bakit kita susundin?"

He laughed."Nakalimutan mo na ba na nasa akin ang sekreto mo?Hindi ba dapat wala'ng makaalam nito?"

I scoffed."Wala ako'ng pakialam sa pangalan 'ko.For all they know,my name might just be a coincidence."

"Wala ka'ng pakialam pero tinago mo sa'kin na bampira ka?" Tumawa siya."So it does mean something."

"Wala sa'yo ang benefit." I hissed."Ano'ng gagawin 'ko sa deal mo?Why am I needed?"

"Simple lang,kasi ikaw si Augusta Walker."

Natinag ako sa sinabi niya."What's the deal?"

"If you want me to tell you,you have to agree first.So do you agree?"

I reluctantly nodded.

He smiled."Not so hard to agree,isn't it?"

I groaned.

"Sa deal na ito nakasalalay ang posisyion ng isa 'ko'ng kaibigan.He wants to prove that you exist.So can I trust you to say this to no one?"

I nodded.Ano naman ang harm na gagawin sa'kin nito,hindi ba?I should be proud that someone still wants me existing.

"Good.I want you to bear with me in this.We should see each other everyday.Irerecord 'ko ang boses mo at 'yung mga ginawa mo in these past years at iplaplay 'ko sa kaibigan 'ko sa tama'ng oras."