Where's Sis.....?

Music Playing: Ethereal by Txmy

Sats didn't come home and Mako, Nui, and me went into town to find her with Mom. All Mom knew is that Sats couldn't have gone far. I don't know how long we were looking but we did find that Nonon girl and Nonon looked kinda wrecked, like she ain't slept at all in months. When she took one look at us, she just broke down cryin', telling us that she was so sorry. She was with some cronies but, mostly, she was telling us how sorry she was about something and that she told us that Sats loved us more than we could ever know. We didn't know what the hell she was talking about but I knew she had to have been the last one to see Sats. "Shorty, what the hell are you talkin' about?!" I asked her, but I got popped in the back of the head by Mom for saying that.

Nonon looked even worse and Mako asked her if something bad happened to Sissie. She just cried harder and tried to say something but couldn't, so she just threw her arms around us. The only she could say is, "Your sister loves you and I'm giving this to you for her." Mom was trying to sort out what the hell was going and Nui got upset, asking, "Where's Sissie? Where's Sissie?!" I don't know how long we were trying to figure what happened to Sats but, while we were looking for her, Nonon was telling us what Sissie would want and then she went onto say how she "should have told". That still didn't answer where Sissie was or what happened.

By point, she asked us if Sissie left a note or something and I told her, "No, Sissie didn't leave a note. Why would she leave a note, Nonon?" Nonon's cronies looked at her funny before one of them said, "Oh good God, Nonon, she don't know what the hell you're talking about!"

"Eh...?"

"Nonon, she's doesn't know what you mean by 'a note'. She's still a little girl."

One of the other ones suggested we all go to the police and Nui told 'em, "No, because then we'll have to leave again!"

"Why would you have to leave?"

"We used to leave a lot and then we got a new mom and a new home. We like our new mom and home."

Nonon started to look even worse. Mako asked her if she was okay but she didn't answer, besides crying more. One of her cronies told her that, if she knew something, she'd better say it. "I did see Sissie last night and that was the last time I saw her. All I can tell you is that she loved you all very much and more than anything..." she said, before we heard a loud, "Oh my god!"

There was some scraping noise and then a loud slam before the world got quiet and Nui ran to the scene.

We hurried after her and then we heard her screaming. Nonon just fell to her knees crying when she got there.

"Satsuki~!!"

It had started to rain and there was blood. I'd never forget that. She wasn't even covered up like she'd usually be.

I couldn't say a damn thing, except to tell her I was so sorry for what I did. I was mean to her and then it blew up when I told her I didn't want to deal with her and nonsense anymore. I didn't care that she did that nonsense, I just wished she was okay but, no, she wasn't. She left us and then we were going to lose her for good. I wanted my Sissie back.

"Sissie, I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

We were trying to stop her from bleeding more, while someone called an ambulance. I think Nonon's hands got bloodier than ours. She was telling Sis, "I told you...I...told you..."

At first, Sis wasn't looking at anything but then her eyes found me.

"Oh, my dear...know that I love you..."

While she was getting loaded into the ambulance, Sats found one more thing to say...

"I'm the one who did it!"

And then it was just quiet, quiet besides Nonon's screams, Nui's crying, and the rain.

Authoress Notes: A few things:

One, no, Ryuuko, at her presumable age (she's young enough to be called a "little girl") wouldn't inherently understand what Nonon meant by leaving a note. Uzu definitely would but Ryuuko, having been so protected, still wouldn't know what "suicide" is. Satsuki was very keen on protecting her sisters' innocence, as much as she could get away with it.

Two, I heard the song "Ethereal" and kinda fell in love with it. Some of the scene was inspired by "Cxxlinn's" short amv, detailing Eren's death (spoilers for if you've note watched Attack on Titan), though, to be honest, I don't think I've captured that exact feeling in writing but I tried.