thirty three

Not edited.

𝗦𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗥 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚
𝟮𝟰 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱
♏︎

Samir let out a heavy sigh as he left the unusually quiet building of his gym at the eerie hours of the day. He couldn't count how many times he had been here in the last two days but he did know that he was tired and completely over it.

"I don't know Samir, the views not looking good on you kid. They saying that might have to push back the match."

Samir shook his head to get rid of the previous conversation he had with Jackson, it seemed to be bad news piling on top of worse news for him.

He still hadn't even gotten the chance to text Ki or check up on her with everything his coach had been trying to do to get the video down and make sure it didn't effect him playing at the championship.

A buzz in his pocket made him pause for a second in his walk back to his car, to fish the device out of his pocket. At the moment his phone was on do not disturb to make sure he silenced out his Instagram and Facebook comments that seemed never ending. The only people allowed to text him were Ki, Candence, his friends, and his grand mother.

He immediately sucked his teeth once he'd seen Rasheed's name, scrunching up his nose as he read through the message.

Yesterday at 10:30pm

Sheed 👽 : you straight?

Today

Sheed 👽 : ??

For some reason Samir had been feeling off around his best friend. Ever since he had told him about his relationship he felt as thought Rasheed had been acting funny so he's been more distant.

It also didn't help that Rasheed's concern didn't seem genuine. If it was flipped and Samir's friend was in this situation, a simple text wouldn't be able to suffice for him. He had a car and gas, and he definitely didn't mind using either of them to check on a friend if needed.

With his aggravation increasing, Samir opened his car door and started his car, locking his phone and throwing it into the passenger seat.

He honestly wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment, and he simply wanted to go home and clear his mind before speaking to another person. Samir knew how he got, he knew that if he replied to Rasheed or anyone for that matter with the way his mood was, his mouth would get the best of him, and he didn't need any more setbacks.

♕♕♕

Opening his apartment door, Samir was soon completely engulfed with the smell of baked goods. His stomach immediately growling reminding him that he hadn't ate much other than breakfast from yesterday.

He slipped off his shoes and shoved on his house slippers remembering to hang his key on the key holder Kianna had bought for him a while back.

In his walk towards the heavenly smell he could hear his bathroom sink running, eyes flickering to the closed door before trailing back to the ensemble of food and desserts that laid on his dining table, two plates set up and — him now realizing— soft music playing in the background as well.